Bahrain Aquarium Club

Hi,

Any one has Eheim Filter for sale,, plz let me know.

Thanks

Hi Khalid-Bahrain,

Welcome to Expat-Blog ;)

An introduction with a few words maybe.. would be great :/

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi and good day @all.
I have a fish tank 120 cm,,

would be happy if there is some one who wants to sell Eheim External Filter for the Aquarium..

or any One who is willing to selling a larger Fish Tank... any advice for Planted Tank would be of great help.

Thanks

Khaled

bahrain

valar_morghulis wrote:

this forum is only for the aquarium and fishes and plants ?? i mean no one answered about what i asked.

Atman is the best at the moment, and its about 45 or 46 BD in Fish World in Budaiya Bahrain..

Chalcosoma wrote:

Hi Asmack

We should meet up in Bahrain sometime and talk about what we can do.  Do you keep any aquariums now? 

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael,,

Good day,, i think its time we all meet up one day and we can organise it,, will it be suitable ,, if you can take up the lead and guide us all "fish lovers"  to join in..

would be a great idea..

Wow, just seeing this now Khalid!

But I agree, we should meet up.  Once people get back from Eid, we can arrange to meet in an upcoming weekend.

Cheers

Michael

Michael heloo and goood evening,,

How are you and yes,, let people return back and we can see how to arrange the things end of this may be.. or something suitable too..

thanks for the reply.

cheers

Khaled

Hi everyone!!!:) Fresh water fish...(tips hope it could help)
when you buy a fish make it sure that they can mix together..And check the size of your aquarium ...(limit The fish_)Good filtration and oxygen...And dont forget to circulate the water before adding the fish in the tank...anti chlorine ,water conditioner is a must...(suggestions aquarium salt & MELAFIX meds. is the best to keep your fish healthy...Thank you so much...YOU can find  at Goldenfishbahrainmall..contact no. 33244122/39175227.

Good point Goldenfish

But this requires more explanation actually.

1. About mixing, yes, very important.  For example, don't mix aggressive species like African cichlids with tetras, plates, etc. or fish that need different water conditions like angelfish (soft, acidic water) with say, mollies (hard, alkaline water).   Or tropical and coldwater fish, like goldfish.  It's a shame to see goldfish getting their fins bitten off by tiger barbs mixed with catfish that will grow to over 2 meters, all in the same tank. 

2.  Stocking, yes, don't overstock the tank.  Some fish are territorial, some need to be in groups, and all need some room to move around.  Also, too many fish means too much pressure on the filtration to handle the waste of the fish.  Just because fish may not die when crowded together doesn't mean they are doing well.

3.  Adding the fish.  It's not really possible to buy a tank and add the fish on the same day.  The filter and tank need to be running for at least 3 weeks (better if a month or more) before adding fish.  This gives the beneficial bacteria time to grow in your filter and for the tank to "cycle".  Then, don't add all your fish at once - just a few fish to start, and a few more later on, and so on. 

4.  Water changes.  Every week 25%-50% of the water should be changed.  Be suspicious of anyone advising that you never need to change the water!  It's important that the new water has the same temperature and parameters (like pH, etc.) as your tank water and of course be de-chlorinated.

5.  Feeding.  Overfeeding is one of the number one causes of death.  Feed small amounts, and skip one or two days a week.  Most fish can go long periods without eating with no problem, but overfeeding fouls the water.  Feed a variety of food including flakes, frozen food, and live food.

There's so much more really, but those are some basic things.

Happy fishkeeping.

Hey Guys

for those who are not finding freshwater plants you wish around Bahrain.

FYI, you can order freshwater plants through some shops around Bahrain.

I've done it through couple of shops.

1) Blue Fish (Riffa Lulu Hypermarket  Mall)
2) Reefs & Rivers (Um Al Hassam)

Hello All

Now that Ramadan's over, why don't we meet up to discuss forming the Aquarium Club?  This weekend or next is fine with me, any suggestions for places?  I'm in Juffair, plenty of cafes nearby.

Let's get the ball rolling.

Cheers

Hey Guys

I've some Riccia Fluitans for sale.

Please get in touch with me if you are looking for some.

My mob - 33021435

Thanx

What is the size of your fish tank?

[moderated: no free ad on the forum. Pls use the business directory. Thanks.]

good morning everyone!

does anyone know about aquarium chillers being sold in bahrain? i'm planning to rebuild my aquarium but i need a chiller first, since my apartments gets really hot during the day (windows a/c installed).

Thanks & Regards
Arjun

Try Reefs & Rivers in um al hassam or Bahrain Aqualife Sitra

52Ltrs

Sure, thanks.

This seems strange.  There was interest in having an aquarium club...some people wanted to meet up.  Now, when I bring it up...nothing.   No one interested anymore?

Chiller Available @ Golden fish Geant Bahrain mall. ..contact no. 33244122

hi simboy,

i have an ice probe chiller that i never used. maybe you would be interested. check this out.

http://www.novatecproducts.com/iceprobe … hiller.htm

Hi everyone, newbie here, not to fish, but to the website. :D

I've had fish in the past decade. But, right now, I have none, I'm thinking of buying a new fish tank, something bigger than what I have. Oh, and if you guys are looking for high quality fish, then you should definitely check out Fish World, in Budaiya road.

Anyways, I read here that you guys want to form an aquarium, so I decided to start a forum called Local Aquarium Society, just Google 'Local Aquarium society in Bahrain (or check it out the 'About me' section in my profile), and you will find a link with the name: "Bahrain Local Aquarium Society: Home" (second link in the list). I can't post the link here for some reason.

Feel to check it out and join.

Chalcosoma wrote:

This seems strange.  There was interest in having an aquarium club...some people wanted to meet up.  Now, when I bring it up...nothing.   No one interested anymore?

Couple of times I've posted here for meeting and you know no one interested in meeting to hobbyists..

Oh well...sometimes people don't post on here for long periods.  Patience!

OK, looking for a fish medicine called METRONIDAZOLE.   Have called several shops and no one has it so far.  Anyone got this medicine?

Thanks.

try pharmacy or veterinary shops. most likely, they have it.

Hi Chalcosoma, did you find it yet locally? if the infection is external fungal,viral,bacterial lesions e.g finrot, Paraguard by Seachem would work best.. its available for any fish lover

Chalcosoma wrote:

OK, looking for a fish medicine called METRONIDAZOLE.   Have called several shops and no one has it so far.  Anyone got this medicine?

Thanks.

Hello Everyone,
I am Mudassir from India. I came across this blog through a fellow hobbyist. I am happy to see so many people in the hobby from In and Around Saudi Arabia. I am in touch with two hobbyists here and also a wholeseller who can get me whatever i want. So if any of you are interested we can do a group order and get anything we want. Me and the other two hobbyists/friends are using a group on whatsapp to communicate with each other. If you guys are interested pls post your numbers here and i will add you all to the group. (Moderated: No private information of the forum please, use the private message) Looking forward to a wonderfull hobby with everyone around here.

P.S i have a couple of Apistogramma Borelli and Apistogramma Panduro females for sale. If needed males can be sourced. whatsapp me for more details.

Hi All,

Great to see a very active bunch of aquarium hobbyist  in Bahrain.

I just started 1st time with a 20 gal tank 2 months ago which was a long time wish.
Got a tropical community with live plants.

This stuff is getting more & more interesting. Thinking of setting up a bigger tank!!!!

KIT

@arufly,
this is a hobby, no matter how much you try to control with just a small tank or 1 tank, its just impossible ;-)

Welcome to the Hobby and the Club.

@icecube - Thanks

I'm looking to buy a tank. About 50 gal

Pls let me know if available.

hello all,

would do a massive trimming of my planted tank, its a jungle already. i'd like to sell the cuttings as a package - SAR 85.00 shipped.

- glossostigma elatinoides (2 cups)
- bacopa caroliniana 5-10 stems
- bacopa monnieri 5-10 stems
- marsilia hirsuta (1/2 cup)

pm me if interested.
thanks for looking.

Hi Guys,

I have a 300 ltr tank currently set up with 10 african cichlids.

I am looking to buy some more but most places in bahrain do not know much about african cichlids.

Any one can help me with places to find some good fishes.

Regards,
Hamsheed

Hi there,
Myself Wasim from Pakistan. I am fond of big aquarium keeping and recently purchased a 72 Gallon Tank. Not that big but quiet enough to keep 6 silver dollars, 12 tiger barbs, 4 iridescent sharks, 2 albino sharks and some plecos.

I am living in Dammam, SA and all these purchases were made from a 30 year old aquarium world which is very close to my residential (about two fly overs). I will be sharing the location very soon. They were dealing before as wholesaler but now as retail. They have a huge variety of both freshwater and marine life fish and comparatively cheaper than other small shops. I love to visit them on weekly basis, sometimes just to see new fishes, crayfishes, marine life etc.

PS: All of my fishes are in healthy and in good shape. But for iridescent sharks, I feel that a 72 gallon is not enough. As they are getting bigger very quickly. Thinking for some more arrangement. Might be a new tank soon

Cheers
Wasim

please share the location of the shop

Freshwater plants in Bahrain ... This is the way to go .. https://www.facebook.com/aceaquascapes
Check out the available Plants and lets know your interest..

hi wassim,

i think i know that shop you are describing about but i am just too far away from it. since you regularly visit it, please let me know if you see some ramirezi, and siamese algae eater or this is a long shot but i'l mention it anayway, red cherry shrimps or any kind of freshwater shrimps.

thanks.

Try Fish world in Budaiya...

hello,

does anybody here knows where to buy some golden or blue ramirezi and kribensis?

Aquascapes wrote:

Freshwater plants in Bahrain ... This is the way to go .. https://www.facebook.com/aceaquascapes
Check out the available Plants and lets know your interest..

Please give me your address. On your FB page, I couldn't find any contact details.