Bahrain Aquarium Club

Multiply the dimensions of your tank and then divide into 1000. So you'll calculate estimated volume (in liters) of your tank (which includes water, filters, sand, stones, etc)

For an ex : Guess your tanks dimensions are like 50 cm (w), 40 cm (h) and 30 cm (d)
Calculation : 50x40x30 = 60.000/1.000 = 60 lt.

Healthy tropical fishes needs net 5 lt (minimum) of water in a tank. You wrote, you bought 10 fishes, that means you need a tank, which you may fill net 50 lt of water (minimum). Please check yours.

On the other side, the tiger barb is a lively, playful fishes which should be kept in groups of seven or more. They may become aggressive and may harass others. Mollies are peaceful, attractive tropical fish that thrive on almost any type of fish food presented to them. I may say that your fishes are not suitable fishes for living together.

Facebook groups link is facebook.com/groups/103615099824897/ .

As an advise, never buy artificial things for your aquariums (plant, sand, stones, etc.). They are colored by chemicals which may poison your fishes. Always choose naturals.

I agree

Guys need help, Fluval 105,106 - 205 - 305- 406 etc is available in bahrain ??
if yes, any one knows the price ?

Hello Mr Ozbakir, Thanks A lot for your reply.
i have only 3 mollies left as i said before all the others are dead b'coz of this ICK disease. my aquarium size is 35 ltr. i want to put natural plants in it, not too many just 2-3 small plants to give it a natural look. its only gravel and sea shells in there. one more thing there is no sign of the disease for 1week. how long should i keep them in medicated water..? and can i keep the temp to 28C for all the time..? i raised it b'coz of the disease and i am thinking of to keeping it on the same, so the disease won't come back.
Thanks again :)

One More thing who ever is running this group on Facebook please accept my membership request :)
Thanks A lot:)
Have A wonderful Day Everyone :)
God Bless :)

Hello Rainu747 (sorry I don't know your name),

As I understood, there are no white spots on the fishes nowadays. This is good. But please check all your fishes carefully one more time. If there are no more a single white spot (even if small or big), you may decrease the temp to 26c.  You don't need to keep temp at 28c. You may decrease the temp 1c/day.

Usually temp changes more than 4-8c or less then +25c water temp or new plants or fishes or bad water conditions etc. causes ich.

What kind of medication you used? Blue drops? or ?

If there is no white spots anymore, you may change your aquarium water %20 per day for following 4 days. But temp of that water should be the same temp with your aquarium water. Also, while changing the water, you must take from deep of your tank. Because, there may be some alive white spots in the deep and probably cause disease again.

Did you boiled the gravel and sea shells (min. 4-5 hours) and clean and disinfect them before adding to your tank? You cannot add things which are from the sea directly to your fresh water tank.

Btw, you need a nursery aquarium. Whenever you buy a fish or plant you need to keep them for a week in this aquarium and watch them carefully. If there is no problem then then you may move them to your main tank. You may use your recent one for nursery, and you may buy a new one which will be more than 60 lt water capacity.

this forum is only for the aquarium and fishes and plants ?? i mean no one answered about what i asked.

valar_morghulis wrote:

this forum is only for the aquarium and fishes and plants ?? i mean no one answered about what i asked.

Your previous post was :

valar_morghulis wrote:

... if yes, any one knows the price ? ...

Maybe no one has any idea about what brand/kind of filters available in Bahrain.

Wouldn't it like this?

;)

ihsanozbakir wrote:
valar_morghulis wrote:

Your previous post was :

valar_morghulis wrote:

... if yes, any one knows the price ? ...

Maybe no one has any idea about what brand/kind of filters available in Bahrain.

Wouldn't it like this?

;)

come on guys, every one here has at least one tank and filter on it.

ok do me a favor, whenever someone from you visit any pet shop just ask about the filter, simple that's it.

what about you Ihsan ? you are not keeping any thing ?

valar_morghulis wrote:

ok do me a favor, whenever someone from you visit any pet shop just ask about the filter, simple that's it.

Before I moved to Bahrain I was keeping and breeding fishes. In Bahrain, I'm not keeping.

ihsanozbakir wrote:
valar_morghulis wrote:

Before I moved to Bahrain I was keeping and breeding fishes. In Bahrain, I'm not keeping.

if i got telephone number of any pet shop i will ask by my self, here in dammam i found only jet 3738 and mianjing filters.

regards

Hi Mr.Ozbakir,thanks for the advice. My name is Rainu. yes i did put the shells and the gravel in boiling water for 10-15 mins.I got the sea shells from my sister in law over a year ago.
i did not know anything about aquarium when i bought the fish and the tank. i cleaned every thing and put them together the same day. it was only 3 color fish at first. next day i bought 4 mollies and then my hubby bought 6 tiger barbs and a new 20 ltr tank. so i put the mollies in 35ltr with the color fish and the tiger barbs in 20ltr. then again after 16-17 days my hubby bought 4 color fish and i put 2 in one and 2 in one. they were infected i know now b'coz with in 2-3 days they were all full of white spots. so i got this blue medicene from the shop but they all died accept 3 mollies. well then i cleaned the 20ltr tank thoroughly and all the gravel and filter etc. and left it for days to dry. then i set it up again and again i cleaned every thing with boiling water before putting them together and let it run for 4 days, yesterday i bought 4 mollies for it(20 ltr). they are little shy from me other than that they are looking good.
i know its long but i wanted you to understand.
now the other thing bothering me is in my 35 ltr tank there are only 3 mollies 2 yellow and 1 silver. (the silver one gave birth right after the ich disease and i didn't know she was pregnant. i was lifing the shells to vaccum the gravel when i noticed 4 babies. i didn't know what to do so i skipped the vaccum part and just changed 25% water. but they died with in a week. And from 3 weeks now there is no sign of the disease) well the thing is the silver one, there is some thing like black spot inside the silver fish not on the skin, its under her skin near her tummy fin. i wanna know if it is another disease or if she is again pregnant ? she behaves normally but looks a little fat. i can show you her pic on fb page but they have not accepted my membership request yet.
i just hope its not an another disease.
thanks for the reply.
waiting for your advise.
thanks Again.
have a lovely day :)

as i understood from your message, that black spot is not a sickness, she is pregnant :)

wow..thanks a lot Mr. Ozbakir :)

Hi Guys, What happened ? where are you all ?
no update ?

hello guys,

i have some extra black zebra nerite snails (Neritina natalensis sp. "Zebra") which I would like to swap with anyone who has other algae eaters, like otocinclus or red cherry shrimps.

nerite snails are very good algae eaters but will not reproduce in a freshwater tank so you will not have a problem with overpopulation.

anyone who is interested to swap, you can just pm me.

thank you.

Asmack Arabia wrote:

hello guys,

i have some extra black zebra nerite snails (Neritina natalensis sp. "Zebra") which I would like to swap with anyone who has other algae eaters, like otocinclus or red cherry shrimps.

nerite snails are very good algae eaters but will not reproduce in a freshwater tank so you will not have a problem with overpopulation.

anyone who is interested to swap, you can just pm me.

thank you.

Welcome back, how was your vacation :cheers:

Hi

Sorry I am just seeing this stuff now!  Got some fish shipped and been very busy getting them set up properly.  We will meet up soon!

Couple of my tanks now:   

Nigerian River:  youtube.com/watch?v=Y5DsVtTVpsk

Congo River:  youtube.com/watch?v=AeWcQE_3s2w

Cheers

Hi Chalcosoma,

I would like some juvenile Tilapia imported into Manama, Bahrain. Do you know of an importer of tropical fish there?

Thank you

Hi Bessie

There are a couple shops you might be able to special order, but all their freshwater fish come from Singapore, Sri Lanka, and India (mostly farm bred).  I tried to request some species from a shop but they weren't able to get them.

What species of Tilapia are you looking for?  There are many, and most grow very big quickly, are very aggressive, and are messy.  There are just a few dwarf species like Tilapia joka.

Rgds

Hi Chalcosoma,

Thanks for your quick reply: I am looking for Nile Tilapia which are very common. Could you help me along with a name and a telephone number of a shop that orders and imports live stock?

Hi Bessie...you are looking to raise them for food?  You could try Bahrain Aqualife, don't have the number on me but should be on google.  But I seriously doubt they will have them - it is a food fish, not an aquarium fish.

Rgds

Actually Bessie, you should contact the Bahrain Government Agriculture or Fisheries Dept for this stuff, as they will consider it livestock, food animals.  It falls under one of those government offices and you would need the correct permits, licenses, etc to import it of course.

Rgds

Thanks, I will call them tomorrow. We are looking to use them as mosquito vector in ponds.

I would think that much smaller fish would be more effective...like Mosquito fish, etc.  Those things get huge and are not gonna eat mozzie larvae when they get bigger!

Hello there!

I used to have an aquarium back home in India (guppies, tetras, swordtail etc.) wanted to continue the same here in bahrain, but having a very tough time maintaining one, the fishes keep dying tried all possible things on the book. Anyone else having the same issue or am i doing something wrong?

would love some tips!

Thanks & Regards
Arjun

Hi Simboy

Need some more details about the aquarium...like how are the fish dying, any signs before they die, number of fish, volume of aquarium....also how long the tank has been running.

There are so many possible causes we need some clues before we can help much.

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael,

I have a 10 Gallons tank, the tank is more than a year old, its got an inbuilt filter. I have got few live plants which i bought month back (very rare to find live plants). I re-did the aquarium with some massage/doctor fish which i bought from the goldfish shop in bahrain mall, it was all good till about last week then it died. Then i cleaned the whole aquarium again (tap water boiled and then cooled) also added the cleansing agent and bought some guppies this Tuesday and today morning 3 were dead. Along with the inbuilt filter its also got an extra oxygen supply.

Thank & Regards
Arjun

what you meant by "cleansing agent"? Is it soap like thing or detergent?

Hi. What I meant was the liquid we get for purification of water

simboy wrote:

... Then i cleaned the whole aquarium again (tap water boiled and then cooled) also added the cleansing agent and bought some guppies this Tuesday and today morning 3 were dead. Along with the inbuilt filter its also got an extra oxygen supply.

Thank & Regards
Arjun

Sorry but I couldn't understand this boiled and cooled water thing. Did you fill your tank with boiled and cooled water or just used it for cleaning the tank?

While cleaning the tank and filter, did you use any soap or detergent like cleaners?

After filling your tank with water, how long you wait for adding guppies?

What kind of water did you fill into your tank (drinking water or tap water)?

Did you check the all the fishes after they died? did you see any wound, white spots, etc?

Hi ihsanozbakir,

I have boiled the tap water and let it to cool down completely and then used to fill the aquarium.

Yes i cleaned the gravels and filter with normal TAP water (did not add any detergent)

I let the water for about a day after adding the liquid for purification of water (with filter on) and then added the guppies and no white spots/wound on the guppies.

Thanks & Regards
Arjun

Hi Arjun,

Please feel free to create a new topic on the subject on the  Manama forum, as the topic is dated from 2012.

Thanks,

David.

Hello, I read about this club and im interested to join in cause i have problems on my fishes specialy my caspian turtles and a red  eared slider turtle.

Tnx

Hi All

I will re-post this topic under 2013, so we can continue to discuss there. 

Rgds

Michael Salter

I really don't think there is a need for another post. This post is still alive and active. The conversation can carry on here.

hello,

my planted tank now looks a jungle. need to prune heavily. would like to sell some plants. i have for sale the following:

Lindernia rotundifolia
Glossostigma elatinoides
Sagittaria subulata
Sagittaria platyphylla
corkscrew vallisneria (don't know exactly what specie but the max height is 15-17 inches only)
Echinodorus tenellus
Lobelia cardinalis
Monosolenium tenerum

i can ship via aramex to all GCC countries.
pm me if interested.
thank you.

Hi

Anyone knows where to get HC Cubas (plant) in Bahrain?

hi im interested to buy one co2 regulator if u have .give me ur price or ur number ill contact u..
thanks

hi tech6477

i sent you a pm.  my email add is [email protected].
thank you.