Where to buy Doritos

Anyone know if Doritos chips are available in the city?  Have not been able to find them anywhere.

Citimart in HAGL 3. They ain't cheap but they're here.

keno2 wrote:

Anyone know if Doritos chips are available in the city?  Have not been able to find them anywhere.

I saw it last week at Shop Phương Hà (58 Hàm Nghi St, District 1, near Như Lan bakery). Tel: 08.3 9141318
Have a good day!
Loan Tran

Central Mart at Saigon Pearl in Binh Thanh District sells Doritos and other US brand chips. Price is about 140 - 150,000 VND. Also the 24/24 store (open 24 hours) in the basement of Saigon Pearl's parking lot sells Doritos chips also.

An Phu Supermarket. Thao Dien (sp?) street, district 2. And as others have said, they are expensive.

Circle k across from park hyatt had them.

Circle K's are popping up everywhere, sort of like a cancer.  I think I saw Dorito's at one of the 5 or 6 in the backpacker area.  I just go in and take a quick look around to see:

1.)  Do the have any hard to find items

and

2.)  Are strange things afoot at the Circle K?  There never is inside the store.  The outside is always afoot with strange things, considering the locale.

Fixed/clearly marked pricing is putting "Mom and Pop" stores out of business swiftly I imagine.

Annam Market in district 1 sells Dorritos for 164,000 VND.

That's probably the highest I've seen it which is about $8. For a product that's imported into Vietnam, it makes sense. Usually Dorrito chips are $5 or less in the US for the big bags.

I don't miss eating dorrito chips much. I usually get a bag of chips and buy Golden Farm salsa or make homemade guacamole.

Try Veggies Shop in Sky garden 2 in Phu My Hung. They have a large selection of Mexican food (salsa, taco shells, refried beans, Doritos, and even Tostitos "Scoops") It's not cheap, but hey, sometimes you just need to eat some Mexican food.

you can buy it at Central Mart Sai Gon Pearl or City Mart or Annam Store at Hai Ba TRung Street :)

rockenwood wrote:

Try Veggies Shop in Sky garden 2 in Phu My Hung. They have a large selection of Mexican food (salsa, taco shells, refried beans, Doritos, and even Tostitos "Scoops") It's not cheap, but hey, sometimes you just need to eat some Mexican food.

When that happens, I go to El Gato Negro. Best Mexican food in town. Geoffrey is a life saver for a fellow Calfornian. He gets his tortillas from California. Tortilla chips are made here and taste just as good if not better than the bags of chips you buy.

$8 for a bag of doritos? man I know what I'm smuggling in next time lol

distantarray wrote:

Forget the doritos. Smuggle some beef/turkey jerky. Only have dinky size here. Miss those huge bags from Costco.

And Annam's just overprice gourmet market. I now look for prices on Doritos now because of this thread. Central Mart at Saigon Pearl has them for 104,000 VND which is like $5.

Phi Long wrote:
distantarray wrote:

Forget the doritos. Smuggle some beef/turkey jerky. Only have dinky size here. Miss those huge bags from Costco.

And Annam's just overprice gourmet market. I now look for prices on Doritos now because of this thread. Central Mart at Saigon Pearl has them for 104,000 VND which is like $5.

lol what's lucrative here? I come here a few times a year I could set up a trip to costco no problem. Also if anyone knows anyone who wants to buy a nice laptop I'll be leaving next month and rather sell it here than bring it back. It's a Samsung Series 9 13.3 inch I-5 processor it's actually thinner than a Macbook air retails at Kim Nguyen for 34,900,000 =) I'm not going to ask retail but a fair price =)

I also got a iphone 4 i need to sell but it's 5.1.1 and hard to unlock -_-;

distantarray wrote:

lol what's lucrative here? I come here a few times a year I could set up a trip to costco no problem. Also if anyone knows anyone who wants to buy a nice laptop I'll be leaving next month and rather sell it here than bring it back. It's a Samsung Series 9 13.3 inch I-5 processor it's actually thinner than a Macbook air retails at Kim Nguyen for 34,900,000 =) I'm not going to ask retail but a fair price =)

I'm sure any "new" tech stuff from Apple products, iPads, laptops, etc.

Just make a post on An Phu Neighbors mailing list to see if you can get any interested buyers first.

Phi Long wrote:
distantarray wrote:

I'm sure any "new" tech stuff from Apple products, iPads, laptops, etc.

Just make a post on An Phu Neighbors mailing list to see if you can get any interested buyers first.

btw i just remembered my brother is coming soon lol to get some dental work done. he doesn't have any friends here and travels light. Anything you guys really need he should be coming here within a week or two. Big bag of jerky from costco? lol

I've seen Dorito's at the supermarket in Vincom center for 95,000. They rotate there stock though, so it may not always be there. They also have stuff like Cheetos and gatorade there.

I visit a Costco type warehouse literally on the Cambodian border every couple months. It takes 2 hours to get there from my house but it's worth it every now and then. Doritos are 60,000 there and they also have snapple so I load up on those plus other stuff which is hard to find in Saigon. Just ran out of my last bag of cool ranch though haha

@JVo18 That sounds like a place I'd like to check out Jerry. Do they have a website? Where is it? What do they stock?

JVo18 wrote:

I've seen Dorito's at the supermarket in Vincom center for 95,000. They rotate there stock though, so it may not always be there. They also have stuff like Cheetos and gatorade there.

I visit a Costco type warehouse literally on the Cambodian border every couple months. It takes 2 hours to get there from my house but it's worth it every now and then. Doritos are 60,000 there and they also have snapple so I load up on those plus other stuff which is hard to find in Saigon. Just ran out of my last bag of cool ranch though haha

are you free on monday? if you are show us how to get there =p in exchange we'll rent a van and buy lots of stuff there if it's good regardless travel expenses will be cut a lot and can bring a lot more than normally on a scooter =)

Hey Budman, the warehouse is located in Go Dau, Tay Ninh. I'm not sure if they have a website but I'll do some research. They do not sell food, which I was disappointed in. I thought I would be able to stock up on whole ribeyes, tenderloins, strip loins and rack of lambs at wholesale costs, but I guess that's wishful thinking. They sell a lot of drinks (snapple, dr pepper, aw root beer) snacks (like the aforementioned Doritos, Cheetos), lots of candy (twix, m & m's, Hershey's) electronics, lots of liquor and beauty products like Pantene, facial cleansers and diapers. A lot of other stuff like silverware and plates, bowls etc. The times I was there a lot of people were buying the small 8 oz ponies of Heineken because they are imported directly from Holland and Viets tend to prefer it over the local heinys - (they do taste better). In fact, I'm pretty sure everything there is imported in. They only allow locals to spend a certain amount because they just end up reselling everything (especially the beer) for a profit  while foreigners have a much higher spending cap. You will get bugged from locals asking you to put their cases of Heineken on your order (they give you money of course) so that they can take advantage and resell it in Saigon. They even push your shopping cart around for you. Also if you go by car, you will get bothered by teens who work for the loansharks who think you're there to cross the border to Cambodia to gamble. They get a cut off the interest rates that you pay so they're pretty persistent.

Distantarray, sorry I will be in the office all day on Monday...

Jerry

Better than Doritos are chips that you make yourself. You can Buy corn tortillas at:
    Saigon - The Oasis Gourmet Shops, 3SK-23-1 Grandview 2,
    Nguyen Duc Canh, Phu My Hung, D7
    Tel. (08) 5412 2449

Saigon - The Oasis Gourmet Shops, 32 Tran Ngoc Dien, Thao Dien, D2
    Tel. (08) 3744 6432

They sell Saigon Tacos products there. If they do not have what you want, ask them and they will get it in for you.

Chips from Saigon Tacos are way better and cheaper than Doritos. Doritos are convenient though... except for the search.

Chears

These places sell them.
1) Thai Hoa Grocery, 60 Ham Nghi, D-1
2) Phuong Ha Grocery, 58 Ham Nghi, D-1
3) Veggy's, 2 locations, 29A Le Thanh Ton, D-1 or S54-1 Pham Van Nghi, Phu My Hung D-7

JVo18 wrote:

Snapple??? They have snapple?!? What about Arizonas, the ice tea, I could kill for that. What's the address of the warehouse, I've been planning a trip to Cambodia for a while and now it has a whole new purpose :D

gvhumphreys wrote:

These places sell them.
1) Thai Hoa Grocery, 60 Ham Nghi, D-1
2) Phuong Ha Grocery, 58 Ham Nghi, D-1

This is where I buy my Doritos.... 115,000 for the large size.... a good deal I think for Saigon....and they even stock "Bounty Bars"...

Hi Bohemian, no Arizona unfortunately. And for snapple they don't even have my favorite flavors (raspberry, peach and lemon). They just carry the fruity flavors like mango madness, fruit punch etc, but it's better than nothing.

I'm sorry I don't have the exact address on me. It's been a while since I've gone and even then I relied on my driver as I don't know that area at all. I just know that it's in Go Dau, Tay Ninh. I'll see if I can get a street address though.

Jerry

They sell them at Veggies in Q1 and at An Phu Market in Q2. Saigon Tacos sells restaurant style corn chips and they are better and cheaper than Doritos.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Can now find at Giant 141,000.00

Hey Keno2,

Now it's available in takashimaya mall

(  Saigon Centre, 65 Le Loi Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District1, Hồ Chí Minh City )

Cheers

Both the international stores down near the sailing tower have them, and many of the other Lays line. I think I pay around 100,000 VND. In Nha Trang they are available at some of the A-Marts, about the same price.