Marriage Contract registration in Europe/for visa

I really need help regarding my requirements for my visa (Petition for Spain) My requirements are almost complete and I only need to have Certificate from the corresponding Embassy that marriage is recognized and valid in the EU spouse´s country.  

Oh my husband is Belgian but he moved in Spain when he was younger and stayed in Calpe for almost 13 years.

The thing is. I've tried to register it in the Belgian Embassy here in the Philippines but they told us we have to register it in Belgium that's why my husband drove to Belgium from Spain.

He was able to send our marriage contract where he supposed to register it, but they've sent us an email saying
" * Your submitted documents can not be registered in the National Register for the following reasons.
*You are not currently enrolled in our town.
*You can optionally register through the Belgian Embassy in your residence.
*Proof of your marital status now in your marriage."

So we really don't know what to do and where should we really register it for me to have have this " Certificate from the corresponding Embassy that marriage is recognized and valid in the EU spouse´s country."  It's really confusing, cause my husband tried to get it in Belgian Embassy in Spain as well but he was advised to go to Belgium have it registered