Olympic Games 2012 from Brazil

Hi,

The Olympic Games 2012 have just begun: let's talk a bit about this big international event.

Are you going to follow these Olympic Games?

On which TV channels will the Olympic Games 2012 be broadcast?

How many athletes from Brazil will participate and in which sports will they compete?

Are you going to support your home country and/or from Brazil? ;)

Thank you for participating.

Harmonie.

The London 2012 Summer Olympic Games are broadcast in Brazil by the Record television network exclusively. Two hundred and fifty-eight Brazilian athletes are competing in 24 different sports. The Globo network, traditional broadcasters of past Olympic Games lost the bidding war for the 2012 games and could do likewise for the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics too.

My favorite olympic events are swimming, gymnastics, equestrian sports, track & field events of any kind, judo, basketball and volleyball all of which both the Brazilian and Canadian athletes excel at. Therefore my loyalties are really divided and I tend to root for both countries' teams equally. I am happy when either Canada or Brazil wins medals.

Call me a purist and old-fashioned, but I WILL NOT WATCH the football (soccer) events at all. The main reason is that I firmly believe that the IOC sold out their principles long ago by allowing professional athletes compete in any of the sports. I would love to see the games return to their amateur roots. As much as I enjoy watching boxing matches I will not be watching the Olympic boxing matches for the same reason.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog