Any advice for moving to Malta appreciated....

Hi all,

My name is Rachel, I am orginally from New Zealand, but have been living in the USA for the last 9 years.  I'm currently in the UK and will be relocating to Malta in the next month.

I would like advice on how easy it is to get work (I do have something set up, but in general is it easy to find work there).  Housing and what one can expect to pay for a basic furnished studio or one bedroom, or even to rent or let a room from someone with a house.  How easy is using public transportation, I would like to avoid getting a car if at all possible).

Thanks for any advice anyone can give.  I've joined the mailing list for Expat Malta, so I do look forward to meeting some of you and doing some networking and friendship building.

Cheers'

KIWI RACHEL

Hi Chris, thanks for the heads up.  I will probably have a job to come to, just making sure I have a back up, always best in a new place.  Looks like a great place to life, gotta love that island lifestyle too!  I will have a place to live for the first month, paid for by the company if I take the job... that gives me time to look around, but once I figure things out will probably looking to find a place to rent with someone to save money.  South Africa must have been interesting, why the big move?  Anyhow, keep in touch, Ill be there in a couple of weeks so we will have to catch up.  Join the expats malta group too, seems like they have a lot of stuff going on.  Are you on Facebook at all?  You can find me searching for "rachel littleford"... thanks again for your ten cents worth  ;)... Cheers' Kiwi