Any advises, help, support are welcome! =)

Hi Everyone! I'm Aliya from Kazakhstan. If someone is tracking progress of Olympic games in London, you might have heard about my country from news on golden medals =)

I am about to move to Stavanger soon with my family, and as I am quite an active person, I would like to get myself a job! And I take it as a challenge, so would love to try any new job opportunities!
Can you please advise me on how to start seeking for a job (considering my few knowledge of Norwegian< but I am learning!) and how to finally get employed?

Any suggestions, advises are welcome!!!

Thanks in advance!!!
:)

Hi Aleka,

I have heard of Almaty - if I am not wrong it is located at the foothills of mountains.

Yes you would definately be required to learn some Norwegian in case you want to work in Norway - I would also like to advice you that it is free to study in Norway, and they do offer a selected few courses taught in English.

I recommend you go to the website www.nav.no which is a governmental site, the offcial site for unemployment/Job search and if you click on the British flag you see it in English - there is also a lot of information on that site for foreigners.

Still, I must say that almost all jobs are in Norwegian but do try to do a few keyword searches using English words to see if you can find English jobs.

http://www.finn.no/jobb/ is another large job site

Hello, "new_in_norway" =) and thanks for advice! I will definitely follow the link and dig in the info there...

And yes, Almaty is very mountainous city... =) Worth while seeing! ;-)