ESL jobs in Saudi

I intend to emigrate to Saudi Arabia in six/eight  months with my family. My husband is Jordanian national. Will I find technical limitations to my Visa status and applying for work? I hope to work as an English teacher in a suitable location.

I don't have a university degree. I only have a Level 4 qualification in Teaching Assistant from UK. However, I will most definitely have accreditation such as CELTA.(120 hours) course.

My question therefore is will I still find it difficult to secure employment teaching English? I've seen posts before saying the degree is a mere formality for a Work Visa. However I've also seen other posts saying that having no degree would be deeply frowned upon to the point of making employment very tough. Has anyone got direct experience of such a situation? Do any teachers out there know of someone who has overcome my predicament?

Naturally any advice is enormously appreciated.

You'll be able to get a job at an Indian school or something of that sort, and the salary won't be much.

Alliecat wrote:

You'll be able to get a job at an Indian school or something of that sort, and the salary won't be much.

Why to Indian School and Why not to the American School ???

lack of education

saimans wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Why to Indian School and Why not to the American School ???

She doesn't have the credentials.  But the Indian/Pakistani/etc. schools will hire almost any native speaker to help with English classes.

Before you come save your time with getting all your certificates translated and certified from the Saudi Consulate in your country. try to find an office to do it for you with a cheap price.

As soon as you get the EQAMA here with your husband you may apply to any job and provide your CV plus the certified certificates.

Good luck