Party Time in Jeddah !!!!

Hi everyone!! :cool:

Just wondering, if there are any BBQ party's going on in any of the compounds?

I mean, its suppose to be summer time!!, that mean's BBQ!!

Well, i know, its summer everyday in Jeddah, but,its a good excuse to have a BBQ party anyway...especially now that the working day is shorter for some of us.

Anyway, If anyone is worried about doing a BBQ because they dont want to stand over a sweltering BBQ, but really wouldnt mind having one, then being greek, i guess i dont mind doing it for them, that way at least i get invited...lol!!! and if there is a Pool nearby, then even better.....

let me know.... :cool:

This is the problem:  everybody wanting to be invited but nobody wanting to host.  Why is this?

Hi Alliecat

I would be more than glad to host many party's, if i had the opportunity too, unfortunately, i am not in a compound, as yet, but, hopefully after Ramadan, there may be some availability.

I am on several waiting lists but it seems a never ending list with no getting to the top... so, i am staying in an apartment in Al Hamra at the moment.

I have been in Jeddah for 5 months now, getting a little fed up as not all Saudi's no how to have fun.

I really need to be settled,and I assure you this forum will be full of BBQ invites from me once i am, but until i get into a compound, I guess this is not going to happen.

I am sure there are many other expats in the same situation, but one thing you learn in KSA is to have patience, nevertheless, at least the jet skiing and speed boating in OBHUR is great!!! and at the moment thats where i spend all my weekends.

Been to a few party's recently, But, not enough BBQ's

:cool:

@Mika  yep, it's always the compound issue.  If you're not on a compound, social activities are limited.  It's funny, I never realized till I was here in KSA that constant single-sex activities can become quite boring.

I was actually talking about the same thing the other day to one of my friends who lives on a compound. She is in South Africa now ,but she promised me to throw a BBQ Party once she's back and I'm sure I can get you afew invitations on her behalf.
:-)

Cheers

SweetLina wrote:

I was actually talking about the same thing the other day to one of my friends who lives on a compound. She is in South Africa now ,but she promised me to throw a BBQ Party once she's back and I'm sure I can get you afew invitations on her behalf.
:-)

Cheers

Hope it works out for you Jeddites! :)

BBQ, Party, just hanging out, whatever...I'd be up for a get-together of any sorts when I get out there to Jeddah.  I'm supposed to start August 25th so please consider having something after that date so I don't miss all the fun and all of you other interesting / unique people that have decided to move to KSA as well.

I hope we can set something up although I'm not in a compound either...

@ Pakman hmmmmm August 25th...I'm guessing you are a teacher :-)
Don't worry Pakman we will count you in :-P

Good Luck

You are correct Sweet Linaa.  So I'm guessing it's no surprise when the new shipment of teachers comes in huh? 
Well, I'm happy to be added to the list because all the teachers I talk to out there say they're bored and not meeting anyone.  I'd prefer not to share the same fate. 
Here's to looking forward to a BBQ in KSA and it being H.O.T. and F.U.N.!

well!! It all depends on you Pakman. It's all about how flixible and accepting u r. It's not a boring country at all especially here in Jeddah where you find some awesome beaches , fancy restaurants and cafes and of course great shopping malls .You just need to be willing to experience new things and cope with the ppl here and most important of all live the culture. I know a lot of teachers of different nationalites and I'm telling you this! they like it here and they do have fun big time..I'm certain there's nothing compares to home but you will be just fine..:)

Well Sweet Lina, that is certainly nice to hear. I am more and more hopeful everyday that I'm going to have a wonderful experience.  :-)

PAKman2328 wrote:

Well Sweet Lina, that is certainly nice to hear. I am more and more hopeful everyday that I'm going to have a wonderful experience.  :-)

The most important thing to remember here is that you might not have control over things but you CAN control how you react.  Rather than get angry, I usually choose to laugh.

Hi

can i join ?

sounds like a promising party . :rolleyes:

Alliecat wrote:
PAKman2328 wrote:

The most important thing to remember here is that you might not have control over things but you CAN control how you react.  Rather than get angry, I usually chose to laugh.

i admire you way ,

its really mature miss Allie

I'll try and remember your advice Alliecat.  I'm usually a pretty open, accepting, and a go with the flow type of person, but I've heard things can get pretty trying over there at times.  I'm hopeful though.

Sorry mate, just moved here and still living in a hotel, Finding a BBQ party doesn't sound that difficult, finding a cold pint of cider does  ;/

hey everyone .......

its great that you will have a get together as i am now on holiday back in uk and its fantastic to be in uk :)
i will be coming back to jeddah and would love to come and meet up :)

i think we should organize some sort of club/ group and have regular meetings and i  will be happy to help when needed.

I would like to join if possible.

Regards,

OK!! :cool:

So i guess, it seems everyone is up for this BBQ,

Hmm!! It was a good idea to bring it up i guess!!, well, now I will just have to see what i can do, I have a few friends who stay in Obhur on a regular basis, they stay at some of the chalet places up there, so I will see if they can sort a place out for me for a weekend.

Will probably be after Ramadan though, during the Eid holidays, if its possible, not many people around then, so there should have plenty of empty chalets....

One other thing!!!

Need to get a list together of who is up for this, so start replying, would like a mixture of guys and ladies if possible, and anyone who has some good music bring it on!!!

I need to know roughly the kinda food people like too, other than the typical BBQ meat....

As for drinks, well, I have a few friends, we will leave it at that for now!!!

Oh yes!!!  Bikini's and swimwear is essential,as most chalets have pools and some have private beaches, depends what i can get at the time.

Will keep yopu posted....

:cool::cool:

Thanks Emman

Lets get the head count first, see how many are really up for this, then we will see who wants to do what to help out.

However, I Just want to make things clear! no one is forced to help out if they dont want too, but those who do, it would be a nice gesture.

I'm with you, I'll be in Jeddah at 3 Sep. Tell me how I can help you?

Thank you Dr Ayk

Thats 2 so far, excluding me and a few friends...

Looking a little more promising!!

M on It like a car bonnet pal, I can bring along my turntables of u want but I have only got jungle and dub step on vinyls

Habibi mika .

im happy to be invited  , count me in . please anything you need PM me . i would be more than happy to help you out . it seems you arranged every thing . so just point at what you need and will do . :cool:

Hope i still have the slot for the BBQ. Just send me a private message if u have fixed sched.

Hey all

Sorry I haven't been updating the forum for a couple of days?

I have been fairly busy, but, good news!!, I have finaly found a place, and there is plenty of space for a BBQ by the pool...

However, there is a small problem!! It is still being built! at the moment, but i have been assured, it will be fully completed and furnished by mid September.

Never despair!! I have a backup plan!!, so i will get back to you all with a date and time, as soon as i can, keep checking the forum??

Will be compiling a list shortly, with those whom have replied, and i will post on this forum, if you want to be included? you know what to do!!

MikaTect wrote:

Hey all

Sorry I haven't been updating the forum for a couple of days?

I have been fairly busy, but, good news!!, I have finaly found a place, and there is plenty of space for a BBQ by the pool...

However, there is a small problem!! It is still being built! at the moment, but i have been assured, it will be fully completed and furnished by mid September.

Never despair!! I have a backup plan!!, so i will get back to you all with a date and time, as soon as i can, keep checking the forum??

i love your enthusiasm . mate i told you if you need help PM me out . still after all good friends and great time that what im after .

Take care and thanks for your care .

Hey hey heyyyyy count me in fellas

MikaTect wrote:

Good Luck Mate !! :top:

Depending on the time I'm in.

Perhaps I can get discount on one of these chalet's @ Obhur.

I'm still interested.  Plan on getting into Jeddah around August 25th.  Wait for me?  :-p

Adeesha wrote:

Pakman, can i join?

Yeah sure i dont believe that Mika would mind ! However when we get the things done we will contact you .

Adeesha wrote:

Pakman, can i join?

But your no where near Jeddah! Are you planning to come ?

jaykhalil wrote:
Adeesha wrote:

Pakman, can i join?

I bet you got your target locked on!:cool:

seeker of truth wrote:
jaykhalil wrote:
Adeesha wrote:

Pakman, can i join?

I just like to know who I am taking to !!

jaykhalil wrote:
seeker of truth wrote:
jaykhalil wrote:

I just like to know who I am taking to !!

I'm just saying! :)

What a great organising MikaTect. I like your initiative. Guys please count me on. I'm familiar with many utilities here in Jeddah although I've just arrived from UK couple months ago. This would be a great chance to meet u all. Mik we are looking to the runtime. Is's a party in KSA.:P

Hi All

Ok, Glad we had a good turn out, so here is the list so far:

EMMAN LOPEZ
HITCH
PAKMAN2328
JAYKHALIL
NEWMANMAN
DODSQUE DEE
SWEETLINA
FEISAL_FABY
MEEDO2020

Great!! but it seems that only guys are up for this, with the exception of SweetLina, unless of course some of you have a partner who will come with you? :cool:

unfortunately, the other names who replied are in Riyadh...and I am sure you guys/ladies will not travel to Jeddah on this occasion...

Adeesha, I would like to put you on the list, but not sure if you are in KSA or still in Colombia. please get back to me and let me know. :cool:

will get back to you all, with further details, time, date etc

!! WATCH THIS SPACE!!

MikaTect wrote:

Hi All

Ok, Glad we had a good turn out, so here is the list so far:

EMMAN LOPEZ
HITCH
PAKMAN2328
JAYKHALIL
NEWMANMAN
DODSQUE DEE
SWEETLINA
FEISAL_FABY
MEEDO2020

Great!! but it seems that only guys are up for this, with the exception of SweetLina, unless of course some of you have a partner who will come with you? :cool:

unfortunately, the other names who replied are in Riyadh...and I am sure you guys/ladies will not travel to Jeddah on this occasion...

Adeesha, I would like to put you on the list, but not sure if you are in KSA or still in Colombia. please get back to me and let me know. :cool:

will get back to you all, with further details, time, date etc

!! WATCH THIS SPACE!!

I will come along with my gf if she manages to get her Saudi visa on time