Find a good job with good salary in KL

our experiences shows that find here a well-paid job without a good local connection is almost impossible.
The local HR agencies are preferring locals, so you have no chance to get something through them. But nothing is impossible. Here is everything depends on a good connections.

O ohhh den dats a bad news for me then... I got no one in KL.. But will still try my luck...  God may help me to have one..

Hey,

That's not entirely true, but connections help. Also being proactive and talking to companies that you WANT to work for also helps.

[Moderated: Please post in Kuala Lumpur Jobs section]

Thanks,
Audra

ItŽs not easy to find a job in Malaysia for an expat. The competition of cheaper domestic labor, or from neighboring countries, is large. Special skills or a niche market are good options. Check the links for expat job offers in Malaysia.
asia-work.com/job-categories-malaysia.php
learn4good.com/jobs/language/english/list/country
malaysiaexpatriates.com
myworklife.my
jobs.trovit.de

hi, do you have any contacts for job search?

I have said this before, but after meeting some people from Michael Page recently it reminded me that even in the UK more than half of managerial jobs are obtained by networking.

In Malaysia it is nearly 100%! Expats (not foreign workers in restaurants obviously) by definition should be managers or professionals as you need a degree, experience and at least 27 (IT is 22 I think) and those jobs are not on Jobstreet. In Malaysia "executive" means low level admin job.These pay less than 5k min for an expat. And 5k isn't much.

Most expats get their first job before arriving. You can get jobs in Malaysia with contacts, but hard to get these "off the boat"! Once settled I note many (mostly male) marry a local and start their own business with their wife as local business partner. When married now you don't need an employment pass so easier than it used to be.

If you are in a few high demand industries you can make it by just arriving, but then you will have industry contacts (eg Geologist in Oil industry). So you have a network!

Of course there will be the lucky few, who arrived and got a job. But I never met anyone! Ok a few claimed they did, but then daddy was best friends with boss of company, or they knew someone senior and were experts in a demand area like aviation. That meant they had a network already.

I have known quite a few blow their savings looking for work. That was sad to see, so I do discourage those who think with they can get a job a week after arriving. Can in Thaialnd if you are willing to teach English. Cannot in Malaysia. And KL isn't that cheap to live in.

Then after all that is the EP. That costs money and you need to be worth it + the salary.

But at least that keeps the tatooed sexpat taxidrivers from the East end of London out of Malaysia :-) so not all bad!

ivygalvez wrote:

O ohhh den dats a bad news for me then... I got no one in KL.. But will still try my luck...  God may help me to have one..

Good luck, and enjoy your life in Malaysia.

I am not Malaysian how I can get job. any one can guide me?

kubber wrote:

I am not Malaysian how I can get job. any one can guide me?

Expand your network, And dont forget The jobs what you want are not on the internet. Good connections=good job with good salary.

ok thanks

ok,you are looking for a job not trying business now ?