Moving to new zealand from INDIA

hi guys,

I am sid and i moving to New Zealand very soon and i have very naive/elementary queries. I hope you guys will answer without laugh...

I am coming on student visa and it is my experience of traveling abroad. People told me to carry even the quilts, woolen clothes, plz guide me what are things i should carry to avoid unnecessary expense after coming here. Which type of bags should i buy. Any thing you can suggest to make my life easy during the 20 odd hrs of flight.

I am looking forward to have your valuable suggestions for guys like coming first time to New Zealand.

Thanks in Advance.

regards,
Sid.

Please enlist all the necessary and important things i should do ...

Hello Sid.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to help you soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

hi sid
welcome to nz..
well first of all everything wats available in india is now available here too...so first important thing is try and avoid getting in food as everything is available here in indian grocery stores....one important piece of advice is that if you do bring in food (any kind includes masala etc) do mention that on immigration form when they give you to fill it up onboard prior to reaching nz...or else failing to disclose food items cud make customs penalize you with fine, I  think its $250

You may bring in few woollen clothes as its mid winter here at the moment and cold will last atleast until sep end...... other than this i cant think of anything else because almost everything is available here and not too much of a price difference either...if you have any other queries shoot the questions freely..

hope this helps

its good info you sahred , means most of the things are avaialble in NZ

Umair

As Amit said, its pretty much true... Everything available here but I will suggest you to bring Quality cloths as much as possible as Clothing in NZ sucks and with exorbitant cost. You can get better quality/variety cloths in India in 1/5 of NZ price. Rest I agree with Amit do not bring unnecessary things.

Let me know if you need any other help for accommodation or anything :) do share more about you..

Cheers

Hi Sid, my local mates have already told everything, there's nothing more to add.
All the very best ! Warm welcome to NZ.

guys thanks a lot for the valuable information ... it will be very helpful for my shopping here in india.

One more general question i have .... How is overall life in NZ.. what about the jobs and the prospects of someone who had completed higher studies in india specially from very good institutes like IITS. Please share if you guys have any clue about it.

Thanks in advance.

As far as Indian Study is concerned I feel ( as par my Exp in IT industry here ) it has almost no value at all. No one knows or cares about any Indian institution. they will be only interested
to see if your study in India is relevant to the job you applying for.

Though years of experience in good renowned MNC matters to a good level.