Good travel sites for someone living in Riyadh?

I'm American, currently living in Riyadh. In the States, I had a slew of favorite travel sites with fantastic travel opportunities (travelzoo, Go-Today, etc.).

Now that I'm in Riyadh, I can't seem to find such sites pertaining to the Middle East! Can somebody help me? I know about expedia, orbitz, etc., of course, but surely there are MORE such sites, targeting Middle Eastern travelers?

Also, airlines that fly in and out of Riyadh?

I'm hoping to make some 3-4 day jaunts in the area but transport seems to be limited to air travel and I can't seem to find any 'deals'!!

Please help! ;)

Some of the sites we have visited and are extremely interesting are as follows:-

1. The Escarpment that divides Riyadh from the West - You have to drive here on 4X4 cos of the terrain. Ideal way to see it would be to organize a group adventure trip with folks who live in compounds who usually do this trek since its not too far away from the city.

2. The Ali Baba Caves of Hofuf in the Easstern Region. One can fly to Dammam and drive to Hofuf or one can even take the train from Riyadh directly to Hofuf. However you have to drive to the Caves.Fabulous place. Sad to note that the authorities do not see it as a cultural preservation site. IOts said that the Arabian Nights tale of Ali baba & the 40 Thieves was based on these caves and hence its current name.

3. Taif Mountains - Beautiful and Cool with springs and foliage everywhere. fantastic place to visit.

4. Abha

5. Madain Saleh - The abode of Prophet Saleh as told in the Bible/Quran. Its somewhere in the north of Madinah on the Hejaaz Trail going up towards Jordan.

6. The Red Sea Coast - Fantastic underwarter activities. The coean is like a fish tank here. Simpl;y awesome! And the sea food - yummy!

7. Half Moon Bay on the Eastern region - Great seafood here too, fishing and water sports

8. Jubail Corniche - Ideal for families. Mini cruise on the Arabian Gulf, Great seafood here too.

Hasvent been much to the south yet... Need to find out and go, sometime soon.

Hey, thanks for the tips, Musicman!

I'd actually been referring to websites but real sites work, too! :D

It sure is sad that there aren;t any suitable facilities available to get together and organize a trip to these places by friends and colleagues, in this neck of the sands. That would have been so much fun for us "poor" expats...

You may have hit on something here, Musicman.  A trip to Bahrain would eliminate all the meetup problems!

You can drive--I'll hide in the trunk :D

unfortunately, services are poor still... but I've tried
booking.com

Also, this is a travel agency in Riyadh

altayyargroup.com/english/index.html

you can also refer to

Saudi Commission for Tourism and antiquities
www.scta.gov.sa/sites/English/Pages/default.aspx

No need to hide in the trunk, puddytat. You can sit in the front seat. Where theres a will theres always a way!