Jobs in Canada

Hi, I am a teacher in the US and wanted to find out more information about how to get a Skilled work visa to move to Toronto...does anyone have any advice of how to go about this?

Hello RahilJosh4576 and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

Hi,

I am also looking for the same. Can anyone guide me as well ?
I am currently working in UAE.

Thanks and Regards
Jatin

The best thing to do is look on the Canadian Government Website.  It lays out pretty clearly how to obtain a work visa.

You also have to take into consideration your industry.  I have a few friends who are teachers and it took them ages to find a job, like a few years.  One even left and moved to New Zealand.  I still have one friend who doesn't have a full time contract and keeps substitute teaching after a couple of years of trying. 

That isn't to deter you but it would be wise to look into those things.  Canada isn't really in need of teachers, so not sure if that would affect getting the work visa or not.  However it would affect of course your changes of finding a good job.  Also you would probably have a better chance of getting work if you weren't in Toronto or Ottawa.  I'm not sure what other places would be like as I don't know them that well.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply Wanderlust23.
It will really help me a lot. As said i will go by some Canadian govt site. Thanks for the reply once again.

Regards
Jatin :)

No problem, hope that helps!