Exporting Pets (taking them with you) when you leave cambodia

I tried to post this here yesterday but it was moved to the USA forum for some reason. I am trying to ask these questions to the expat community in Cambodia.  I want to collect as much information on this as possible and then make it available to other people -

Does anyone have experience bringing a cat or dog home with them from cambodia?  If so, did you carry it on or check it?  What airline did you fly? Did you have to pay for an export permit? Were there hidden fees?  How much did it cost?  Was it traumatizing for the animal?  Answers to these questions and any other helpful information you can give would be much appreciated, even just a first hand account of doing this.  Thanks in advance for any information.

cambodia doesnt give any problems, but it depends to which country u wanna take  the dog/pet in.. every country has its own policy
Air France allows to carry the  in the cabin ( if they meet the kg limit )

Hi!

I know this is late, but I thought it might help someone out.

I brought my cat back with me in 2012. I flew Korean Air from Phnom Penh to Atlanta and then within the US. In order to take her with me, I had to make sure she had all her shots ahead of time and then get the vet (I used AgroVet) to give me a letter within 1 week before leaving noting that she was healthy and had had all her shots. Even though Korean Air said there was a weight limit to take your cat on board with you, they never weighed her. I bought a cat carrier from AgroVet and used it to fly with her. It was actually too big to go under the seat, but they didn't seem to care at Korean Air (I went ahead of time and checked the size of the carrier with them -- it was the only one available at the time in Phnom Penh.). I had to pay about $150 extra for a ticket for her with Delta, I think, and then Korean Air also asked me for an additional $100 or so when I was in the airport. I tried to get out of it since I had already paid with Delta and had bought my tickets through Delta/together, but with no success. When I flew through Delta, someone met me in the airport to give me a US-acceptable-carry-on-size carrier for the rest of my trip, since I figured inside the US they would be more picky.

In terms of trauma, she didn't like traveling, but she adjusted well as soon as she got here. I think it was definitely worth it. The vet gave me a tranquilizer for her, so she slept a lot, but when she was awake I kinda felt like I had roofie'd her, as she seemed confused and angry about why she felt that way. Once she got here she was fine. I think it varies state by state, but there was no quarantine for her or anything. They never even opened her carrier to look at her.

Hope this helps!

you are an angel,  thank you so much !!!  :)

I've traveled with an animal a few times, and had the same experience with drugging them. I think it's stressful to be in such a strange environment, but most animals are resilient. If you have all the paperwork, including a recent vet exam, you're usually fine with a cabin pet. The problem is usually animals that have to be placed in cargo. I met a lady over the weekend who got permission to take her animal as a "service animal" which is apparently less restrictive, but health regulations still apply. Good luck!