Hello, newbie here! :)

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum, but not that new to Bahrain. I moved here a few years ago for university and it's been hard finding friends with the same interests as mine! Haha so I don't know how things are done around here and I feel really silly but here goes :)

It would be great to meet new friends on here, I am open-minded and I come from a family of mixed religions and races so I welcome everybody! Especially female friends who enjoy coffee and shopping, that would be great :) It would also be nice to meet university students in Bahrain... any university students out here?

God bless!

Hello November_x.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I am sure you will get lots of new contacts here.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello November_x,

Welcome to the forum. Maybe if you mention your 'interests', it would help others to contact you :)

What do you study? No friends at the uni?

brightonguy wrote:

Hello November_x,

Welcome to the forum. Maybe if you mention your 'interests', it would help others to contact you :)

What do you study? No friends at the uni?

Thank you Mr. Brightonguy :)
I thought that's what the "about me" section on my profile is for right? lol

The people at my uni seem to get joy out of gossip and rumors, an activity I deeply frown upon which is why I am here, hoping to meet intellectual people who like books and good conversation.

By the way, I've been to Turkey before - and I think it's heaven on earth :)

Aurélie wrote:

Hello November_x.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I am sure you will get lots of new contacts here.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thank you very much Aurelie, I appreciate the welcoming gesture :)

HI, how're you doing
i'm a university student
in which university you are?
would be nice if we can keep in touch ;)

very romantic

not relevant - you're not on a dating website !

Julien wrote:

very romantic

not relevant - you're not on a dating website !

Thank you Julien!
It's really irritating how I keep getting many private messages from men  giving me their numbers/BBpins or telling me how romantic or funny they are when I am clearly here to make friends. Is there any way moderators can stop this from happening?

Thanks

November_x wrote:

Is there any way moderators can stop this from happening?

You cannot stop such incidents from happening, however you can always use the "Report" button to report improper messages and/or users as this will help the moderators acting promptly against such acts ;)

:top: VidoDido

VidoDido wrote:
November_x wrote:

Is there any way moderators can stop this from happening?

You cannot stop such incidents from happening, however you can always use the "Report" button to report improper messages and/or users as this will help the moderators acting promptly against such acts ;)

Thank you! I will definitely start doing so.

well dear first of all welcome to bahrain. it would be helpful if you describe the nature of friends you require. here when you say having a cup of coffee with or sense of humor. it will attract people who just want to see you and get an affair going.

please clarify.

cheers

shahid5974 wrote:

well dear first of all welcome to bahrain. it would be helpful if you describe the nature of friends you require. here when you say having a cup of coffee with or sense of humor. it will attract people who just want to see you and get an affair going.

please clarify.

cheers

I quote myself "Especially female friends who enjoy coffee and shopping, that would be great"
I find it insulting that you would assume my intentions are otherwise especially when I have clarified myself.
Anyway, thanks for your input - but as VidoDido suggested anyone who crosses the line with me will be reported.

Hi November_x

Welcome to the Blog

you have to know how to deal with rude people. as the members said just use the report button.

any help we will be here
stay safe and enjoy your stay :top:

My dwar did you assume that i think your intentions are bad. The way i see it i just said over here you have to be precise in your input because you will find people with small brains all geared up to introduce themselves to you for dating and friendship. But you mistook my advice and assumed something totally different. So next time someone tries to give you a friendly advice just reply with the ever famous two words.    Thank you. Not in this rude manner. Just go through the comment and try understanding it first.
Have a nice day

Moe.86 wrote:

Hi November_x

Welcome to the Blog

you have to know how to deal with rude people. as the members said just use the report button.

any help we will be here
stay safe and enjoy your stay :top:

Thank you, Moe.86
I appreciate your gesture

shahid5974 wrote:

My dwar did you assume that i think your intentions are bad. The way i see it i just said over here you have to be precise in your input because you will find people with small brains all geared up to introduce themselves to you for dating and friendship. But you mistook my advice and assumed something totally different. So next time someone tries to give you a friendly advice just reply with the ever famous two words.    Thank you. Not in this rude manner. Just go through the comment and try understanding it first.
Have a nice day

First of all Mr. Shahid, my reply was not rude. My reply was honest and straightforward, very much like my first post in this discussion. Also, try to see this from the point of view of a 21 year old lady who is constantly bombarded by e-mails from strange men giving out their numbers and asking for personal information such as my real name and facebook ID - it is REALLY irritating. And in my defense, your post sounded rather accusative, nevertheless I made sure to thank you in my reply as a peace offering. If I have a habit of misreading posts and being rude, you sir have a habit of incompletely reading my posts and missing key words like "female friends" and "thank you". That being said, should anyone question my intentions or call me rude, it really does not matter to me. I am simply here to make acquaintences.Let me take this opportunity to thank you yet again for your input. 

Peace and blessings to you

Sorry dear i did not mean to offend you. Was just clarifying my post. Sorry again.
Let us make a fresh start. Hi my name is shahid. Nice to meet you dear. Would like to give you my number but you have already clarified that scenario. Hahahahahahaha. Cheers

Hahahahaha, thank you Mr. Shahid your joke made my day :)
No worries, I apologize for any misunderstanding as well.
Hope all is well with you.

Peace and blessings

Everything is fine here. Ohh where are my manners. Good afternoon dear. And by the way what is your real name. It is not november right. How are you enjoying the weather here in bahrain.