Where I start to get a Visa for working

Hi, I am from Australia/Darwin and want to move to bali for 3 or 6 months. I have just come back from Bali and have made some amazing friends. I am wanting to work over there too. I have 6 years expreience in Sales and Retail, also I worked in bars and restarunt and also have my RSA cert.
Could someone please give me the best information on where I start to get a Visa for working also if anyone knows anyone that can sponsor me.
I just need as much information as I can. Rentals places and etc.

Looking forward to everyones reply.

Dear Tegan,
indonesian knows what happen in their beautifull country.
You can work there but you have to change your way of thinking.
They need skilled people, not workers or expat.
Best thing is to go there with a lot of money you saved before.
Try to meet people with connections and ask to make a try in their firm.
Begin with touristic visa 60 days for 50 dollars and renew it if necessary. To renew it you will sometimes have to go out of territory.
For rental places, it's not easy, owner often don't reply mail for rental offer.
So, once again, go there, look for a KOS, you can bargain the price refering to the period you stay.
One week is 90 000.00 IRp but one month is only 250 000.00 IRp
You can make your own food in Kos and it's cheapest way to stay in the country.
To live in Indo you first have to meet indonesian.
Of course there is lot of advice and info on the web but, believe me for 2 years I try to relocate in Indo and I still have no answer...4 months ago, I've been in Jakarta, met native Indo and after several bargains I finally got my firm contract in Bali.
So go there and stay strong.

Cheers.

Hello Tegan-Kate10 and welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created on Bali forum for better visibility.;)

Harmonie.

A work permit is normally applied for by your sponsor.
It's valid for 12 months, costs US$1,200 and is available if an Indonesian can't do the job you're applying for.
The visa costs a further Rp800,000 ish.

Bent agents can usually get anyone a permit/visa for anything but you have to pay for the service.

I wouldn't suggest that course of action.