"Expat blog get together - Friday 27th July - 8pm @ Finnegans"

Hello everyone,

As some of you are already aware, a group of us are organising a get together at "Finnegans on Friday 27th July @ 8pm". We are a group of expats currently living and working here in Bergen. The group so far consists of a few English, French and German. :)

So if you are new here and are looking to meet people in a similar situation, or even if not. Maybe you have been here a while and just want to meet some new people from home, please feel welcome to join us. We thought it would be great to get a group together to hang out for a few drinks, have some fun and maybe make some new friends. After all, lets face it, it can be hard coming to a new country, being away from everyone and everything you know, feeling like the stranger in a new country. This will hopefully be a good opportunity for everyone.

So there you have it. Dont be shy, come along and have some fun. :)

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Matt and the rest of expats (with crutches) ;)

it's going to be fun :)

Great initiative MatthewJames_1985! :one

(Thread sticked)

good times :)

Hi, this sounds great. I wish to join you, but cannot make it this time. But my cousin sister would love to join. Is there age limit to enter this place? She is just over 18. Thanks :-)

I think it's over 20, everywhere usually is at the weekend :(

Watch out! A Canadian will be there - hope that's ok to break up the UK crowd.

Cheers
Tracy

TracyDuong wrote:

Watch out! A Canadian will be there - hope that's ok to break up the UK crowd.

Cheers
Tracy

Hey, i'm no UK citizen!! ahah.

:) We already have French, German & English. More the merrier! Come along. :D

Holla!

It looks like a meetup is finally happening here!

Good luck! I would say hi but im back in the UK for the Olympics!

Let us all know how it goes!

If anyone here has experience with Bergenstest i would be very happy to hear it!

K*

will be out of town but hope you all plan another date in the near future!

Wow, I could have used a drink with this diverse group when I was in Bergen these past few weeks. It's great that this get together is happening but too bad I am back in the states! I will definitely join in the future when I return! Besides it looks like you all need an American in the mix :-)!

Sorry Rialoha, looks like I overlooked that you were American...

no prob. hawaiian mostly, american by colonization only ;)

Excellent - see you there

Oh, that is nice, more and more people are joining. Welcome Tracy and Dave.:) The new thread seems to be a real kick-off! Good initiative, Matthew! Btw: Nice proposal for further expat-songs that you made in the old thread ;-)

Unfortunately, my entertainment skills are far away from those of the lady in the link Cedric posted.:)So maybe we should start out with another band-programme: Since we have a real "manchot" amongst us, I propose he steps inn with teaching us the penguin dance, until I get more acquainted with the air guitar. ;-) Penguin Dance - Expat Band

But anyhow, it is sure gonna be fun tomorrow! See you around :-)

Wow, can't believe how many people are showing interest! :) This is better than expected.

Hello Sasha, are you missing Norway? :) Well hopefully it will be one of many, there's some other people who can't make it so maybe you can all come next time.

See you all tomorrow at Finnegans @ 8pm :)

I drink Hansa or Heineken! ;) Lol.

Hi Sasha! Nice to have you here :) I find myself a little again in what you are writing about "belonging" to Bergen. I think some of us do. Sure this nice group here will be helpful for all of us "arrivers". When will you be back in town? I am sure, there will be many meetings after this one, but if you would like to take a coffee in between, let me know. I am up for it! Of course this applies for all the rest, too;-)

Well I think if we just meet out the front might be a good idea. Or in the outdoor garden area just at the front. I think we will get the idea of who's there to meet! :) Haha. When I've been Finnegans before I sat out there anyway, it was quite busy.

We can all keep our eyes peeled for one another! :)

Message on here of there's any issues.

Look forward to it! :)

Hi guys. Can't believe how many are getting involved its pretty awesome. Sadly I simply can not miss the GB Olympics opening ceremony, I'm far too much of a sports nut/patriot and I consider it a big deal.

Really hope it goes great and everyone can arrange something again soon and I will get involved, really keen to meet everyone. Har en stor øl for meg

It ll probably be on in Finnegans! :) But yeah make the next one if not mate. Enjoy.

Ehh.. Was very happy to find you here, but I thought it's Bergen which is in Netherlands... (

This is all sounding very good, hope it doesn't rain on us now (being Bergen it clearly will).

Yer I was considering hoping to watch it there but I dont want to chance missing it and I would be very unsocial haha. Let us that cant make it know how it does and when your planning the next one. Have a good one.

Hey Katya, yes this is Bergen in Norway! :( Too bad, but if you ever visit.... :)

And fear not Paul. The garden area has a roof so it wont matter if if rains? :)

And no probs Bobby, will keep you posted.

See you all later.

Really looking forward to tonight! I was thinking maybe one of us should bring a random prop, like a pineapple or something, to leave on the table so people know they have the right group before approaching us? Could save some embarrassment!

If people think this is a good idea i'm happy to contribute a pineapple, unless anyone has any better suggestions :)

Excellent idea!! Pineapple it is!! :) Was just thinking it will be funny working out who's who? :) I'll keep my eyes peeled! ;)

Well I'll be the girl carrying the pineapple then!  It's costa rican so should fit in nicely with our group.

Hi there i have just signed up and see i have just missed your get together?? i am from the uk...and have lived in Bergen for 10 years and have really had a hard time making any mates from back home as i have never known where to look!! catcha next time maybe!

so sad  i just got the message! sniff!!!!

:o

Hi everyone.

Was a realy good turn out, and was a laugh. Good to meet you all all. Commiserations to Cedric for loosing twice at Pool, Taskja at table football, and darts well we just won't go there!! ;) Hehe.:lol:

We ll probably arrange something else for those of you who missed it for those who couldn't make. Will post details when we arrange something else.

Speak soon.

How fun! Too bad I missed it and I actually live right across the street from Finnegans on top of the kebob shop! I will definitely be there for another one when I get back to Bergen...wherever it will be :-)!

Well, that was really fun!

(PS for Matthew: i like winning, it wont be that easy next time!)

Was good fun, think I spent far too much time talking about olympics obscurities though.

I enjoyed the evening, too. (And my new norwegian 67-year old boyfriend.) :)
Amazing how many of us showed up! Even though that meant that I didn't have the opportunity to talk to everybody. But that does imply another meeting soon, doesn't it? ;-)

Just got back from a hytte visit and saw this message, would've come if I'd been around. Next time maybe.

Same here, just picked up message. Hope something else can be arranged soon.

Hey people, looks like we might be having a little get together this Friday if anyone's interested, stay posted for details. :) Here the link the new thread 

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=187170

Thanks,

Matt.

owh.i just arrived Bergen and i missed this!

Anybody up for some british humour maybe? Check out this link for our upcoming stand-up nights in Bergen this autumn:

[img align=L]www.britishstandup.no[/img]