Moving to Pinheiros

Hello everyone,
Next week, I am moving to Pinheiros from Vermont, USA and would like to find a network of English speaking friends to help with the transition.  Excited and have many questions about life there!

Hi annevt,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I have moved your topic on the Sao Paulo forum for better visibility.

Maybe you could tell us more about you?

Thank you.
All the best,
Christine

Hi Anne,

Welcome to Expat-blog and to Brazil. I know that you'll find it quite diffent, but once you get accustomed to the new surroundings you'll be just fine. Smooth sailing on Lake Champlain it aint, but it's a nice place "Sampa" as we lovingly refer to the city.

Stock up on maple syrup before you leave home,it costs an absolute fortune here.

Read my Gringo's Survival Guide and other postings at the top of the first page of the forum. If you still have any questions after digesting all that information then all you need to do is ask.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Oh by the way, I lived in São Paulo for many years (just moved to Macaé) so if you seem lost then ask for directions too.

Check out this posting as well you will find it very helpful.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=151289

I would suggest Internations.org. You have to pay a small membership fee but they organise lots of different events from nice bars to trekking to saturday lunches. Its agreat way to meet other expats and English speaking Brazilians