Pls guide how to find a job in muscat....

Hi,

My husband is working with a Bank as a branch head (in India)and willing to move to Muscat.I am also working here in India with one of real estate company.Both of us are looking for a job in financial institute in Muscat but I am not able to decide how to start with and how much practical it would be to get a job through websites like naukri etc.I need guidence about finding a job and also scope in muscat for people like us who are working in financial institutes with out technical (engineering/IT) background.

Pls help.

Hi anuradha sharma and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum, it may help.;)

Have you tried to post an advert in the section Jobs in Muscat?:)

All the best to both of you,
Harmonie.

thanks Harmonie

anuradha sharma wrote:

Hi,

My husband is working with a Bank as a branch head (in India)and willing to move to Muscat.I am also working here in India with one of real estate company.Both of us are looking for a job in financial institute in Muscat but I am not able to decide how to start with and how much practical it would be to get a job through websites like naukri etc.I need guidence about finding a job and also scope in muscat for people like us who are working in financial institutes with out technical (engineering/IT) background.

Pls help.

Hi anuradha sharma,

Banking sector is one of the most highly Omanised sectors in the Sultanate.

Up to 90% and more, is the Omanisation target there.

There are many other financial services companies where you could try.

Job sites are invariably useless - going by my personal experience.

Best would be for you to go to the shortlisted companies' websites and apply directly.

Job Consultants in Oman are also few and far between.

Self help is the best help.

Good luck to you both !

Thanks Sumitran.....

Can you tell me if we could personally come there on tourist visa and search jobs there for a month or so will it be helpful ? I know one of my friend who went Dubai on tourist visa for a month and got job in 15days n got settled there.

Sumitran wrote:
anuradha sharma wrote:

Hi,

Pls help.

Hi anuradha sharma,

Best would be for you to go to the shortlisted companies' websites and apply directly.

Good luck to you both !

Hi anuradha sharma,

Being personally present would definitely help. But you would be taking a huge chance. Can you afford to take that risk ?

Am sure you have folks here with whom you can shack up - staying in a hotel apartment - forget a regular hotel for a month would for sure burn a huge hole in your pocket otherwise.

Also, I would suggest that you first establish contact with some prospective employers before you land here, so you have at least some hope of landing a job.

Lastly and most importantly, Ramadhan starts tomorrow. So for the next 1 month things would slow down across the Sultanate considerably. And no organisation would be interested in meeting with new candidates, or in finalising new recruits.

If I were you, then I would wait until September before coming here. In the meantime you can do a lot of useful ground work from India. Get into some serious dialogues with companies here, line up meetings and then fly in.

Good luck !

anuradha sharma wrote:

Thanks Sumitran.....

Can you tell me if we could personally come there on tourist visa and search jobs there for a month or so will it be helpful ? I know one of my friend who went Dubai on tourist visa for a month and got job in 15days n got settled there.

Sumitran wrote:
anuradha sharma wrote:

Hi,

Pls help.

Hi anuradha sharma,

Good luck to you both !

Thanks a lot for the information.I will definetly do the ground work by sept then would plan further.

Thanks
Anuradha Sharma