Singaporean visiting HCM in August

Hi everyone, Julian here from Singapore. Will be visiting next month with a friend and both of us are like pretty new to HCM (he not ever being here while I've only visited once, but many years ago). Have yet to plan anything though, except for the fact that we're supposed to visit a place at Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street.

Was hoping for some suggestions on where to stay and where to go.

Would probably be there for a week or more so it'd be great to make some new friends also. Really love the cafes though so hope to meet up for coffee.

See you guys soon! :)

Hi,welcome you to Vietnam :)
Hope see you soon ^^
My email: [email protected]

hi welcome VN!
I think you can stay at hotel in LY tu trong street...it's funny, and near downtown

Hi Julian,
I am Vinh from HCMC but working in Spore now. Good trip to HCMC.
Feel free to let me know if u need some help

Vinh Doan

Welcome :) when u'll be here, let's spare ur time to join weekly meet-up with us so u can have more friends with many suggestions well

Hi Julian,
U should stay in any hotel near Pham Ngu Lao street.this place is very convenient for u.one week is a long time if u just stay in HCMC.i think u  should visit Nha Trang or Mui Ne for 3 days

have a nice trip

Thanks for the welcome. :)

thuy_nguyen wrote:

hi welcome VN!
I think you can stay at hotel in LY tu trong street...it's funny, and near downtown

Did a Google for Ly Tu Trong Street and found this A & EM Hotel 132 Ly Tu Trong. Is this good?

cachua_anna wrote:

Hi Julian,
U should stay in any hotel near Pham Ngu Lao street.this place is very convenient for u.one week is a long time if u just stay in HCMC.i think u  should visit Nha Trang or Mui Ne for 3 days

have a nice trip

You mean hotels like Liberty 3, Duc Vuong etc.?

A & E so good. or Sanouva Hotel good too. There're clean, and not expensive ..:)
Liberty 3  --> not good, it's old. And difficult for ur friend come there with u..:)

But are any of these streets near Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street? Or is it not too difficult to travel there?

it's not so far from these places to Nam Ky Khoi Nghia street.it's not so difficult for u to travel aound HCMC only coz i think u are used to walking a lot in Singapore(same to me last time):)

Can u share with us what will you do there so we can assist precisely :rolleyes:

Hi

Good chance ipporek. Should join Vung Tau- man.

Hi Vung Tau man, I am vinh who is working in Spore now and would like to hv more friend. Nice to meet you :)

Hi Vinh ,
Khi nào có thời gian rảnh, có thể liên lạc uống cfe được không?

ok lah :)

cachua_anna wrote:

it's not so far from these places to Nam Ky Khoi Nghia street.it's not so difficult for u to travel aound HCMC only coz i think u are used to walking a lot in Singapore(same to me last time):)

Ha. Not really. In Singapore the transport's really convenient with the public trains, buses, and cabs. I did have an opportunity to take a bike during my trip many years back and well, it was pretty interesting (for me who has never taken a bike). :)

ipporek wrote:
cachua_anna wrote:

Ha. Not really. In Singapore the transport's really convenient with the public trains, buses, and cabs. I diehard an opportunity to take a bike during my trip many years back and well, it was pretty interesting (for me who has never taken a bike). :)

really? but i walked very often when i stayed there last time,lol:)

cachua_anna wrote:

really? but i walked very often when i stayed there last time,lol:)

Yeah. When was the last time you were here? Anyway Singapore's a pretty small country so easy to walk around too.

melewi wrote:

Haha, Singapore is way too hot and humid to walk around without melting like an icecube.

Haha that's true. Can't really remember HCM's weather though. Thought it's about the same?

A friend who just returned from HCM stayed in Novotel while there as there was a corporate rate for him. Seems more expensive than those in Ly Tu Trong Street and Pham Ngu Lao Street though. Totally different class I suppose?

Welcome. I'll be going to HCMC for a week. Maybe we can meet up for beers

lostsouls wrote:

Sure no prob. Always glad to meet up with a fellow Singaporean in a foreign country. When will you be there from and till?

ipporek wrote:
lostsouls wrote:

Sure no prob. Always glad to meet up with a fellow Singaporean in a foreign country. When will you be there from and till?

I will be there on 8-13th

lostsouls wrote:

Ah just nice. See ya around then!

ipporek wrote:
lostsouls wrote:

Ah just nice. See ya around then!

See ya

By the way, anyone know which of the hotels would have gyms?

Hi, I've lived in Singapore for 3 yrs and got a lot of help. Now I hope I could help you Singaporeans too :)
I'm not sure about hotels in district 1. About interesting places to visit, you may go to Cholon (district 5) as VN China Town, and Phu My Hung (District 7). If you stay here long enough, you can go to other provinces nearby HCMC like Cu Chi tunnels, Vung Tau beach, Nha Trang beach, Da Lat highland, bla bla..

Coming over tomorrow already, and I haven't even decided on my hotel! Have kinda shortlisted to Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa and Hotem A&EM 123/153/179 Ly Tu Trong. Trying to decide on which one now.

Anyway, hope to meet up with you guys soon. Pretty excited about the trip. And I haven't packed either! :P

ipporek wrote:

Coming over tomorrow already, and I haven't even decided on my hotel! Have kinda shortlisted to Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa and Hotem A&EM 123/153/179 Ly Tu Trong. Trying to decide on which one now.

Anyway, hope to meet up with you guys soon. Pretty excited about the trip. And I haven't packed either! :P

Morning.

Just go there & walk around & ask, no problem.

I'll be there on next wednesday.:lol::lol:

Hi, I am Sarah Ly, I was in Singapore 3 months ago. I can speak English and Chinese. I can be your free tourguide for weekend, please contact me to my email account: [email protected]

Have a great day

Am here already! Had a bad experience with the taxi from the airport, but breakfast and the hotel's great!

Haha, experience is good. But you are safe here, just enjoy your trip here in Saigon. Have a great day

hi. My name Huyen. well come to Viet Nam. Have a great time in Ho Chi Minh city..

Hai.realestate wrote:

Hi Mr Julian, would you like to rent or buy a house/apart for your traveling, business, please call me at phone number : +84903175883 or email : [email protected], cause Real Estate is my major so that I can help you quickly. Thank you

No advertising here, please. Thanks

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome. Had a great time in HCMC. Am back in Singapore now but will be back to HCMC tomorrow!!! :)