Where's best??

Hello all,

We're moving over for the European winter for about 6 months from October. We've never been before and I was hoping to find out where people think is the best place to live on the island. We will not be working just taking a long break from the Europe.
Basically these are our requirements if anyone can help.
We want to stay in a nice safe town (or on the outskirts) as we won't be driving on the island close to a lovely beach and within easy range of bars, restaurants and a supermarket. Hoe do the likes of Grand Baie Flic-en Flac, Rose-Hill etc compare and do people from Europe generally favour a certain part of the island? Any thoughts would be most appreciated

M

Grand baie is the place for me it has everything you want and more love grand baie ,you could move around but it would be more costly for your apartment you will get a good rate on 6 months rental .

I'm thinking of going to Rodrigues island for a few months next year .

Hello Marmaduke,

My wife and I live in the best part of the island, at least we think so.  We live at the foot of Le Morne Mountain, which is situated in the south-west.  The views on L'Ile aux Benitiers and the lagoon is fabulous and at the back of us, almost in our backyard, is the majestic Le Morne mountain, which is now part of the World Heritage.  Le Morne beach is only a 5-minute drive from our house, also the famous kite-surf point, One-Eye, if you are a kite surfer, it's the ideal spot.  We're situated between the villages of La Gaulette and Le Morne.  All that South coast has retained its natural beauty and is still unspoilt.  If you wish, I could send you some photos.

Regards,
Hedley

Hi,
I like the tranquillity of Creve Coeur and have built (though in he UK for another year) my house there.
I have views of the mountains and fresh air as well as fruit trees. Not close to beach though.
I like peace and nature and walks.
Have a lovely break and i can send pics to if u want.

Regards

Yes please send pictures Ann [email protected] so do you rent it out and if so what price per month.