Moving to Dusseldorf

I am moving to Düsseldorf later this year, and I am wondering which places that would be best? Rath and Unterrath are pretty cheap to rent an apartment in, but what kind of people live in those areas? Also how is the comuting situation in these areas? Easy access to buses, train etc.?

I really appreciate all the help I can get!

Thanks

Daniel

Hello Daniel.

Welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created from your post on the Dusseldorf forum. :)

Hope you will soon get some replies.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Daniel!

Actually I would recommend other areas in Düsseldorf to live, e.g. Unterbilk, Bilk, Derendorf, Flingern. These areas are in my opinion much nicer and the access to busses or trains etc. is good aswell... the con is, that the appartments are not as cheap as in Rath or Unterrath.

Good luck!

Carina

Hi everybody! :)

I live in Düsseldorf already but in a temporary accomodation. I am now looking for the permanent one and the last offer I received was in Unterrath. It is really much cheaper than what we were offered up until now. I know that this is not one of the highly recommended areas but what is the reason really?

I would be immensely greatful for an answer :)
Thank you

I would agree with Carina,
I live in Derendorf in a studio apartment and pay 450 warm. Nice place, quite and easy access to other areas in Dusseldorf.

Cheers!
Mo..

So then we say the pros of Rath and Unterrath are the lower proces of the flats. Any cons anyone? :) Personal opinion will do quite sufficiently as well. I was told the transport is good to the center.