Study center of CELTA or TOSEL in HCM city

Hi guys. I am sumi. Recently i moved in HCM city. I am looking for CELTA or TOSEL study centre? Guys please, can you help me to find out these study centre ? And I am still confused that should I study CELTA or TOSEL, Which one is  better?

I am looking forward to hearing from your side.

Thanks
Sumi

The TEFL International program in HCMC is your best bet.

The CELTA is a dated and hyperbole driven cash cow for Cambridge.  If you feel you must torture yourself though, APOLLO'S CELTA PROGRAM SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS; BOTH HCMC AND HANOI!

I wouldn't consider ILA's either, which leaves Language Link as the remaining CELTA pusher in Vietnam.  I believe they only offer it in Hanoi, however.

PM me if you'd like to discuss it further.  I also have all of the resources you should have as an ESL teacher that I will gladly share, if you want them.

Hi mark, I really appreciate  you for giving me such useful information. Actually after your advise I am thinking about TESL .  Please, Could you tell me right educational institution  in hcmc to study this course? Regards.

36sumit wrote:

Hi mark, I really appreciate  you for giving me such useful information. Actually after your advise I am thinking about TESL .  Please, Could you tell me right educational institution  in hcmc to study this course? Regards.

I'm going to send you my phone number.  If you can come to the English club I'm having this Sunday I'll answer all of the questions that I can.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=179239

I Mark,
I am quite far from your center and club so it is impossible for me to join with. Do you know any Business english course online?
Thank you so much for your inf.

chinhngo wrote:

I Mark,
I am quite far from your center and club so it is impossible for me to join with. Do you know any Business english course online?
Thank you so much for your inf.

Give me a few days to research that and I'll give you an answer.

Hi Sumi,
I did the CELTA at Apollo two years ago and thought it was a great training program, especially since participants teach and get feedback from the trainers and other participants. I've also heard good things about the trinity certification.
You may want to contact schools you want to teach at and ask if they accept the TEFL international cert. Some schools prefer the CELTA or Trinity (RMIT, ACET, and of course ILA and Apollo) not sure about others though.
To get many prespectives, go to the forum forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewforum.php?f=14
Cheers,
Eric

Personal experiences may vary.  My experience with Apollo and the CELTA weren't very good.  I'm glad yours were much better Eric.

The vast majority of schools simply require that the course be at least 120 hours and have a practicum, or observed teaching hours.  They do that at TEFL International.  They also ease you into teaching a class, as opposed to the CELTA, where your teaching on the second day.   

The Trinity TESOL isn't available in Vietnam.  I wish it were, because it was my first choice.

There are other programs in HCMC that offer teaching certificates for as little as $500.  Those certs won't get you a job at RMIT, or the other schools that were previously mentioned.  RMIT is actually the only one of them that I'd like to work for, but a teaching position there is difficult to land.

Hi Mark
Thank you.
I am waiting for your information and hopefully, i will get a good course to improve my business english. It is very helpfull for my job.
Thanks a lot.

chinhngo wrote:

Hi Mark
Thank you.
I am waiting for your information and hopefully, i will get a good course to improve my business english. It is very helpfull for my job.
Thanks a lot.

Is there anyone else that you work with that wants to learn Business English also?

At the moment, i am only one person in charge at the customer service in my company and only me know english in business. So i am alone here.
I have learnd during the working but i would like to be more profesional, therefore i am looking some course that would be helpfull for my job. I am working in Mold Making and Injection Molding company

chinhngo wrote:

At the moment, i am only one person in charge at the customer service in my company and only me know english in business. So i am alone here.
I have learnd during the working but i would like to be more profesional, therefore i am looking some course that would be helpfull for my job. I am working in Mold Making and Injection Molding company

Still researching.  Can you come into HCMC and meet with me so that we may discuss your options?  There are several things that I  believe you could do.

Another great site for learning English via music:

http://busyteacher.org/classroom_activi … nd_lyrics/

HI Mark,

Thank you. I sent you an PM. Please check your box. Thanks.