French Classes?

Does anyone know of anywhere or any school that go for french language classes?

Hello SenegaleseBella88.

The Classes section (Language Classes) in the Senegal classifieds might help you. You can post an advert there. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

[Moderated: Off topic]

[Moderated: Please post an ad in Classfieds]

Hi U doing?

Please go to the French Institute.Classes tailored with your need are offered.

Moustapha Diouf

SenegaleseBella88 wrote:

Does anyone know of anywhere or any school that go for french language classes?

GREETINGS from Senegal!  My name is Sineta George and I operate a number of businesses under the name 'SenegalStyle' here in Dakar.  I'm American, originally from Pensacola, Florida and have lived here since 1999.

We run several AFFORDABLY PRICED language programs with one on one private tutoring services for French, Wolof, Arabic, Serere & Japanese if you need it! The instructors are professional certified French teachers, not 'tutors' and fluent in English as they have upper level degrees in English as a 2nd language.  This is very important because most programs teach in the 'immersion' style which, for Americans at least, this is very difficult, frustrating because you can't ask questions and wastes money and time until you 'get it' - which can take months.

Our teachers are bilingual and some have a Master's degree in English as well so you can ask questions in a lanugage you are familiar with and get answers that you understand. I wish I was around when I first moved here and needed to learn French back in 1999!  I took 3 different immersion course and it as a total waste of time and money.

That's important to consider when thinking about going abroad to take language courses.  Our program is actually less expensive when you consider room and board, than taking a university course.

Classes are 5 days a week, 2 hours a day with 2 hours of homework. (about $1550 a month, subject to the exchange rate).  Without meals the price drops to $1250 a month, including student style sleeping accommodation, instruction and books.  There are many inexpensive restaurants in the neighborhood so meals would not be a problem if you took this option.

It appears that you already live here so the classes will be much less expensive.  Our instructors will come to your home or office, 3x a week, 2hrs a day with 2hrs of homework for 200,000cfa a month, payable in advance, online, via paypal, or 5x a week, 2hrs a day with 2hrs of homework for 320,000cfa a month.  This works out to about 8,000cfa an hour, the lowest fees in town.

In addition, we have a HIGHLY RATED African drum school (google 'SenegalStyle African Drum School') and offer classes and (homestay accommodation with 2 meals, breakfast & dinner), 5 days a week, 4 hours a day with Ibrahima Sene (Ibou), Master Percussionist & Master Drummaker. (About $1850 per month, subject to exchange rate fluxuations)

As an Anglophone expat, I understand how difficult it is to arrange programs and courses online.  SenegalStyle solves those problems for you and we have a long and successful online track record of performance!  Here is a link to our TripAdvisor.com reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Search?q=senegalstyle&sub-search=SEARCH&geo=&pid=3825&returnTo=__2F__

Alternatively, if you are interested in coming to Dakar and are looking for budget priced accommodation (homestay guesthouse & hostel dorm rooms) and French, Wolof, & Arabic language programs, contact me at [email protected] and see our reviews (above) on TripAdvisor.com for more background and information. 

IMPORTANT:  When comparing various language programs, don't simply compare price (even though we do have the lowest priced all inclusive program in Dakar), also look for experience and a track record.  If you don't see an easily accessible, professional online track record, (google SenegalStyle French Language Program), there may be a good reason!

i can teach you if you want

Hi,
At Cheikh Anta Diop University of Dakar there's a department offering intensive french languague classes. When you arrived at the department of applied linguistics or at the french department, you will have more information. It's at the groundfloor of Faculté des Lettres et Sciences Humaines

Hello abdoulaye774.

Thank you for your contribution.

Regards

Karen :)