Any IAIDO club in Hanoi ?

Guys,

Just back from Japan, I am wondering if anyone knows about any IAIDO club in Hanoi. Would be very much appreciated, since I have been searching online but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks
Thuy

sevencoloriris wrote:

Guys,

Just back from Japan, I am wondering if anyone knows about any IAIDO club in Hanoi. Would be very much appreciated, since I have been searching online but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks
Thuy

Unfortuately I dont know any but there's Aikido club located in Foreign Trade University. It's opened in the evening with many Japanese members taking part in. Some moves of Aikido are same with Iaido. I think u can try it if u cant find Iaido classes in Hanoi.

Hi,

I will move to Hanoi by mid September. I am searching for a iaido dojo too. May be the Hanoi Kendo Club is an option.
Sevencoloriris, wich school of iaido are you practising ?
Muso Shinden Ryu is mine.

Please share your findings about iaido in Hanoi.

Regards.

Indeed there is no IAIDO in Hanoi.....There is Kendo I believe...

Do you bring sword with you? I have only the practice outfit...I used to practice with steel sword...and I don't know where to buy one in Vietnam...and can't buy from JP because it is so expensive there and I was not sure if I can bring it back VN...they probably grab me and kick me into the jail for bringing weapon on the plane...ha ha...that was what I worried about so I didn't take any sword home...I am so regret now...

I don't know how to call my school of my IAIDO since my sensei spoke in Japanese and I don't speak Jap...I have learned 12 movements and I will show you when you here and you'll probably tell me what school I am in...well, the first movement looks exactly like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDfcu9BP5fI

We can find a place somewhere in Hanoi and practice...well...if I have a sword...I will keep searching for a sword to buy...
Damn it, I was so stupid not bringing my sword home...(@_@)...

Hey, I have checked your IAISO school on Youtube...it is quite different from mine from the second one...The name for each movement is also different

Like in yours, you call Shohat-to, Sa-to, Atari-to...right?
Mine is called Ippon me mae, Nihon me Ushiro....

I should have studied Japanese when I was in Japan, though...lol...

I also practise the ZNKR seitei iaido that you have learned in Japan !
These are the basics up to 3rd dan. Then you have to know traditional old school to graduate to 4th dan and more.
You can use a bokken till you get a iaito training sword.
I'll bring my iaito. If there is no iaido training in Hanoi, we may hopefully initiate a course at one of the kendo club.

Wow... you are such a master in IAIDO..that's cool...
Let me know when you come...Surely we will practice sometimes...I may need to learn a lot of techniques from you.

Cheers,
Thuy

Lets say I am a modest instructor ! Just the level to begin a new class in case we don't find a dojo with a high ranking teacher. We will get in touch after I install my family in Hanoi around next October.

Gilles

Hi,

I'm a iaidoka in Saigon, shodan. There are two Iaido schools in VN, both in Saigon : Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu and Katori Shinto Ryu. I'm an MJE student, and my sensei is Japanese. Take a look at the FB of Nitoukan

Cheers
Dinh

Hi,

I'm also a student of Katori Shinto Ryu, last month we officially open new dojo in Hanoi. You can check it out on our website katorivietnam.org

We not only have iaijutsu but also kenjutsu, bojutsu and naginatajutsu.

Cheers,

Hi all,

Please note that this thread is a bit old.. 2012 :)

Feel free to start a new topic on the Hanoi Forum if you want to share information or if you do have any questions please :)

Thank you

Maximilien