Is it safe to travel to Egypt now?

Hello everyone, I'm a 23 year old Egyptian currently studying in Ottawa, Canada, but I was hoping to travel back to Egypt for the summer (august), but a couple of people including my parents have advised me not to considering what's currently going on and they fear that I may not be allowed to leave.
I'm really dead set on going, so does anyone know if it's safe nowadays to go back to Egypt, and would I be able to come back to Canada without any problems with my military papers and all. (My military status is currently postponed due to my studying outside)
Thanks again

I had the same issues with my parents as well. I'm an American and I've been here for 3 months now. There's nothing going on at all. The media is only showing you what goes on in Tahrir Square, which is a bit unsettling but that's the only place anything happens. The rest of the country is perfectly safe. The Army vehicles are in a lot areas patrolling and the police are back on the streets.  So I say, come and enjoy your time.

Hi AdamSpeed,
kindly check my Quote about that TOPICbefore.

malsi wrote:

No city is 100% safe, but you have to adapt to the new culture and and making a lot of respectful friends, by that you will be safe.
Hope to see you soon in Egypt.
Islam

Salaam,

i would say, if you dont live in Tahrir, everything else is going back to normal, alhmadulillah.

I wish the police were back on the streets here in Ismailia! but I'm hoping it starts off in Cairo before it then trickles down to the other cities :D

i really want to travel to cairo for a quick trip sometime soon but some friends i have in israel say its too dangerous. im confused..

if you use common sense and be respectful its safe.

thanks adam

adam1414 wrote:
HPG wrote:

i really want to travel to cairo for a quick trip sometime soon but some friends i have in israel say its too dangerous. im confused..

Egypt safe place to visit, i am Egyptian and have friends from israel too they have same opinion for your friends but me here and know more so believe me you can do it and no need to be confused , you can ask expats they lived here

I was in Egypt couple of months ago for a quick vacation, no doubt everything was changed but in general the people are living their lives normally. I walked in the streets after midnight with my friends as usual, going to cinema, and enjoyed my vacation without any disturbance.

I am really wondering about the situation of Egypt too. Because i am going to work at Six of October for a while. So i ask the latest news about Egypt to my egyptian collegues everyday.  But they tell me that everything is ok and no need to worry about it. I guess you must be careful if you go out on Fridays because of the protests after pray.

bomberk wrote:

I am really wondering about the situation of Egypt too. Because i am going to work at Six of October for a while. So i ask the latest news about Egypt to my egyptian collegues everyday.  But they tell me that everything is ok and no need to worry about it. I guess you must be careful if you go out on Fridays because of the protests after pray.

Egypt is safe and stable these days.

The revolution is over. You don't even have to worry about Fridays.

It is nice to hear it. Thank you.

Don't know in which country Machometus is living... We had several bombings last weeks, today one died in a bomb attack :'(
I wouldn't go so far to call that safe :(

Hi Caty in Cairo

you just mentioned "several bombing last weekends", it means more than two !!!

Could you please count them to me in which place that has happened ?

news link as a reference would be appreciated

Regards,

Ahmed

Caty in Cairo wrote:

Don't know in which country Machometus is living... We had several bombings last weeks, today one died in a bomb attack :'(
I wouldn't go so far to call that safe :(

Safety and stability are not absolute entities. Compared to 2 years ago, when Egypt was on the verge of a civil war and total economic collapse. Yes, Egypt is pretty safe and stable now.

It was more like fireworks, not actual bombings.

Cairo metro stations are too crowded. If someone sneezed there, he would kill at least 50+, but actually no one got hurt.

It was later found it was really just fireworks..

http://www.albawabhnews.com/655118

As for today's 'bombing'. It's a building under construction far in the desert. Who would bomb it anyways? October city is full of malls, cinemas and restaurants.

There was also a bombing in Turkey last week, three kidnapped in Israel and 1 killed in Golan. Yet they say that Israelis live their safest days since Israel's creation. I agree, and I'm confident enough to say that both countries are safe. I may visit Turkey too after Ramadan.

To be honest, I'm just little worried about energy prices raise next month, but people got used to it anyways. Nothing is expected to happen.

Another "fireworks"

http://egyptianstreets.com/2014/06/30/e … e-colonel/:mad: :'(

Caty in Cairo wrote:

Another "fireworks"

No it's not another fireworks, its another Silly attempt to prove that Egypt is not safe, comparing what is happening in Iraq, Syria and Libya Egypt has won the battle and our armed forces controlling everything.

Egypt is always and forever a very safe place to visit :)

Regards,

Ahmed

Caty in Cairo wrote:

Another "fireworks"

It's still safe Caty!

25january wrote:
Caty in Cairo wrote:

Another "fireworks"

No it's not another fireworks, its another Silly attempt to prove that Egypt is not safe, comparing what is happening in Iraq, Syria and Libya Egypt has won the battle and our armed forces controlling everything.

Egypt is always and forever a very safe place to visit :)

Regards,

Ahmed

Not only compared to these countries, but also compared to last year's bombings, or even Taba 2004 (35 killed), Dahab 2008 bombings (83 killed), or Alex 2011 (23 killed). I would say it's relatively fireworks.

During these major bombings (2004-2011), Egypt was described as very safe. It was the golden era of tourism in Egypt, where 12+ million tourist were visiting it yearly.

'Bombing' video in Agami, Alex :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NdEmQkOXXM

Just watch how people are celebrating at 2:55 hahaha

Another one in Bakoos xD

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10441207_10152332256804475_3008291940041868050_n.jpg?oh=3fe58def040458d20be080fb6b2590ca&oe=541C1676&__gda__=1410149129_a22a1f1255c6fa74467bae5564debebc

So far, Egypt is better now...

But the good thing we can start our daily life.

Always acknowledge the presence of God, to keep you safe as you start your day.

Nothing is powerful than that....

This month of ramadan, I like it bcoz not traffic during their fast and people going out are few until the fast is broken.