DIRECT HIRED

hi guys, is it possible to travel straight to Bahrain for work without going back to my home country? I'm being offered a job but haven't decided yet, so i am browsing through different sites bout living and going there from where i am now. I've read this site portal.lmra.bh/english/clinics announcing that there is a mandatory medical examination to my country before coming to Bahrain. Are there exemptions to this policy? Is it possible to obtain a work visa without going back to my home country? Thank you for replies.

You cannot work on a visitor visa. I would question any employer giving you a job on a visitor visa because it is illegal. You will need to go to your home country, have your medical checks done. By the way, the medical checks are necessary for every country - not just the ones listed on that page. The ones listed on that page has an agreement with the government of Bahrain and you will need to have your medical checks done in the hospital listed on that page. If you are not living in one of those countries, you can have your medical checks done in an establishment of your choice. Just ensure your check results include everything what they are looking for. Once you have your results, you send them to your employer and they apply for the visa. Once your visa has been issued, you then fly here and at the airport, they give you a piece of paper which includes the date you have to have your medical check done in Bahrain.

If u r in OMAN ( then no need to go back to Philippines )

*The Medical report must be issued from an authorized center from the below approved list.
The ministry of health does not yet have agreements with medical providers in all countries or cities. Employees from those countries not included in the list can complete their health screening at a hospital / medical center of their choice in their home country or city.
    Click here to see the list of the required medical checks / tests, or download it from here.

culture.shock wrote:

hi guys, is it possible to travel straight to Bahrain for work without going back to my home country? I'm being offered a job but haven't decided yet, so i am browsing through different sites bout living and going there from where i am now. I've read this site http://portal.lmra.bh/english/clinics announcing that there is a mandatory medical examination to my country before coming to Bahrain. Are there exemptions to this policy? Is it possible to obtain a work visa without going back to my home country? Thank you for replies.

Apparently there is a way around this for Western expats who can convert their business visa into a work visa by flying out to a neighboring state.

I think you should stick to the rule book just like brightonguy explained.

culture.shock wrote:

hi guys, is it possible to travel straight to Bahrain for work without going back to my home country? I'm being offered a job but haven't decided yet, so i am browsing through different sites bout living and going there from where i am now. I've read this site portal.lmra.bh/english/clinics announcing that there is a mandatory medical examination to my country before coming to Bahrain. Are there exemptions to this policy? Is it possible to obtain a work visa without going back to my home country? Thank you for replies.

thanks for the info guys. i was thinking of going straight to Bahrain if i get the position. anyway, i wouldn't mind returning to my home country for another medical examination if i have to.

Hi ....
   I would like to ask what are the process of direct hire to oman. Im here in bharain and I got a job in oman. I already take the medical in alkindi hospital. And they said , automatic theyll send it to lmra. We cannot get our medical report in alkindi. Can anyone help me?
Thank you in advance guysss

You got a job in Oman and you have done your medical here and you want to submit the same medical report to your Oman employer?

Yes . Can we request to get a copy of our medical to LMRA. Because the hospital after your medical examination , they will send it directly to LMRA. And you can check it online. But you can see only once you check online whether you are fit or not fit to work. But my oman employer need our medical report.

Erick14 wrote:

Yes . Can we request to get a copy of our medical to LMRA. Because the hospital after your medical examination , they will send it directly to LMRA. And you can check it online. But you can see only once you check online whether you are fit or not fit to work. But my oman employer need our medical report.

I think the confusion is on what you need.

The LMRA pre employment medical is done for Bahrain visa, the report gets sent to LMRA and you don't get a copy.

You can ask to do a standard pre employment check but not LMRA and you will get the report which you can send to the Oman employer. Be very clear with the hospital what you want ie you want the same tests but you want to get the report and it's for another gcc country.