Residence Card

Hi All,

I am from India and living in Belgium for the last 5 year.  Recently obtain the unlimited residence card (Residence Permit B card).  My company is not able to identify any project for me in Belgium and requesting me to go back.      Please let me know whether I can keep my residence card (take back to India and travel again for re-enter the country again).  Based on my discussion with commune, I can take the card back to India by carrying annex 18 form.  This breaks should be less than a year.   

But my company is suggesting me to de-register.  If my rental agreement is maintained then I am eligible to keep the card for a year.  Please suggest whether I can take the card back to my home country or deregister.

SM

Hello smarthandam.

I hope other members will give you some informations. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Follow the advice of the commune, but I am guessing if you are no longer living in the commune, the rule is you MUST de-register. Why would you want to stay and pay rent and if you don't de-register, you will be obliged to declare all income to Belgian Tax with the possibility of paying tax?