New to Singapore anyone in the same boat?

I'm in Singapore till September and was looking to find meet new people here, possibly go out for food and drinks.

welcome to singapore in advanced!

welcome to singapore!

Thanks, can any of you recommend anything someone just coming to Singapore should do? Not something very tourist-y, if you know what I'm getting at.

Hi Tyler,

This is what I do when I was a student in Singapore (Any Singaporean please feel free to correct me).

Take MRT and busses, Singapore has one of the best public transportation in South East Asia.

Don't eat at the mall, find any hawker centers - usually within the HDB/school/office's compounds.

If you need 2nd hand books in good qualities you may go to a complex near along the road between Funan Center - City Hall.

You could do cycling, BBQ/picnic and all outdoor activities.

If you have any extra saving and would like to visit Bali, you could fly with Air Asia and feel free to contact me.  I could recommend good places to sleep, eat and see in a budget style but still comfy!

Good luck on your stay.

Welcome to Singapore!

In terms of recommendations, well, depends on what you like. Food? What kind of food? I'd say there is plenty of food that you should try. Nightlife? Plenty too. Since you were saying about the 'non-touristy' recommendations I'd leave out stuff like visiting the attractions around. Some of them are really quite boring anyway.

If you're here pass 23 September, well, Formula 1's during 21 to 23. Katy Perry and Maroon 5 will be among some of the acts performing.