Cost of living in Port Louis and Ebene

Hi,

I am a s/w professional working in India. I am being offered a job in Mauritius in a company whose delivery centres are in Port Louis and Ebene. I am being offered 90,000 Mauritius Rupees/month. I want to stay close to the city centre where there is availability of public transport and shops. I am single and 1 room apartment would suffice for me. I dont plan to use car (is it feasible considering the state of public transport there?). Pls let me know is the salary offered is ok as to survive well? How much do you think I would be able to save if I live moderately enjoying basic amenities like cable tv (I am an european soccer fan), broadband etc.? How much will I be able to save per month?

Request your valuable advice friends.

Many Thanks

Anustup Chakrabarti

Hello Anustup Chakrabarti.

Welcome to Expat.com!

You can browse the other threads on the Mauritius Island. It can help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Anustup,

For a single person its handsome amount in Mauritius... just to consider who'll manage house rent for u? if its company no doubt just go for it... else you need to consider certain factors like rent, electricity, water bill etc.
Public transport compare to India or Europe is not so good...
its hard without a car or a bike to move in evening or late nights.

just to conclude, salary offered is good but try to negotiate for house or may be a car... at least one of them for sure.

All the best mate!!

Sumeet