Hair Stylist Jobs in Riyadh?

Hi guys,

I am planning on moving to Riyadh shortly to teach ESL. My wife will be joining me and she is a hair stylist by trade. I would much rather try to find her a job before we leave (as opposed to when we get there).

Is that possible? Could someone point me to a website that hires hairstylists (or even to a list of salons that are hiring)?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hello massab.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, you can post an advert in the jobs in Riyadh section. It can help. :)

I hope other members will advise you soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Massab,

Don't worry about getting her a job, once she gets here she will have more work than she needs. Good hairstylists are really difficult to find and once she is here I will be top of the list to get mine done. If you are living on a compound or a private villa she can do hair from home. That's what a lot of Ladies do. Try advertising with Womens Skills Bureau wsb-ksa.com[b][/b]  a website devoted to all talented wives in Riyadh who have moved with their husbands and want to use their skills. You can advertise your services there.

Good Luck ;)

I'm really appreciating all of this feedback! Is finding a job at a salon equally as easy as working from home?

Ironically, somebody just posted an ad looking for a hair stylist!

I think most Western salons are located on compounds.  Might be worth your while to scout these out (sorry, can't give you names of salons but you can find a list of compounds and their emails in the EB Guide). 

I myself go to Mariyah, across from Kingdom but it seems to be all Filipina staff.

Hi Massab.

Not only compounds where they do tend to be all Filipino, you could try health spas in Riyadh too. There is Luthan Spa, Yibreen Spa. There is one in Kingdom Mall and Faisaliya and the hotels. There is the Intercontinental Hotel and of course the brand new Ritz. All of theses places need hair stylists. I really couldn't tell you what the working conditions are like though. The other thing is that if your wife had a driver or a reliable taxi man, she could go mobile. If she advertised on WSB she could have four or five clients in one location. There are a lot of opportunities here for her, don't worry she won't be short of work;)

Judging by the wealth of responses I've received so far it sounds like KSA is ripe for this kind of business. Perhaps this forum is a good place to advertise :)

I am hairstylists too from United state and will move to Riyadh next month to follow my husband relocate.