Visit in bucharest

Hi!

I'm ken, i'm doing my internship in galati. This weekend i think i will have chance, first time ever, to visit the capital of romania. I want to know if there's somebody who could guide me a little bit in the city, how to visit and what need to visit etc. And if there's somebody who want to also visit the city or drink a beer, I think we can do it together.

Hi Ken!
How long do you plan to stay in bucharest? saturday and sunday? I'm asking you because I'm not sure yet if I will be in town on saturday but on sunday i could be your guide .
Alex

thanks alex! Finally, i think i will go next time perhaps next weekend because of some personal issues. If you have time at that moment, it's really a pleasure for me to meet you.

The most attractive spots in Bucharest are the old city center with bars, clubs, restaurants and patios, parks like Cismigiu and Herastrau, the house of people (never been there, though), shopping malls and for those interested theatres, concert halls and museums.

Most important is to get a place to stay in the city center; from there you can take the tube or the bus to any point of interest. There is also a city tour bus which goes to the most popular places in Bucharest.

This is what I use to find a hotel in Bucharest tropolino.com

Ni hao ma?
On facebook, there's a group called CS & Expats that always organise pub crawls etc. You should check that out.