Transfer of sponsorship in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Assalam u Alaikum,

I am working in Saudi Arabia since a year and a half....
I want to transfer my sponsorship from Individual kafeel to an Organisation, but the problem here is that according to the new rule it says that we have to be with our 1st sponsor for about 2 years and then go ahead...
But my kafeel has already given me the Release letter.

Q1. Can I get my sponsorship transferred without any problem. I have 5 months left for my Iqama expiry.

Q2. How long is the release letter valid for?

Would really appreciate your help....

Regards
Wassalam...

Hello Ishraq.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You should go through the other threads on the Jeddah forum. You will surely find the answers to your questions.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Q1. Can I get my sponsorship transferred without any problem. I have 5 months left for my Iqama expiry - There are no clear guidelines or rules about sponsorship transfer after 2 years and personally i didnt heard anyone being rejected.

Q2. How long is the release letter valid for? - Release letter is valid for 3 months from the date its stamped from Chamber of Commerce unless stated otherwise in the letter itself.

Dear Brother,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Really appreciate it....

My Iqama was rejected by the Jawazat....

Inshallah lets hope for the best and once again thanks for the reply...

Regards

Hello.

I am in Jeddah almost 2 years to complete and my Iqama is going to expire in December 2012. My Kafeel is in Riyadh and I have taken relevant documents from him for transfer of sponsorship to a firm here in Jeddah. Its been 2 weeks that I have submitted my documents along with Original Iqama and passport to them and still no news on the transfer. Calling them regularly but they say its in process. My concern is

1) How long does the transfer of sponsorship procedure take to complete?
2)Now that 3 months are remaining for the Expiry of my Iqama, is it the right time that I have given my documents for transfer or it could have been delayed?
3) My kafeel keeps calling every alternate day enquiring about the situation. He thinks that I am lying to him and also wants my Iqama copy and Passport copy for reference. I have no idea what's on his mind? I have no other answer but to inform him to wait for 2 day's or more.

I am stuck up with this situation and have not gone on vacation for almost 2 years now.

Your valuable advice and information would be really appreciated in this regards.

Ishraq
Jeddah