A good area to move to.

I will be moving to Naples in about a month and would like to know a good area to move to - any suggestions?

Hi apennartz and welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created on Naples forum for better visibility.;)

Hope that other members will share their experience with you soon.

Harmonie.

Hi!
Me too I'm traveling to Neples and hope it's a nice place. I'll be there by next weekend and concidering to stay there at least for while.
So if anyone can give some advices and informations it would be helpful for uss by any mean.
Thank you in advance.
Adikari.

Dear both,

In terms of advice on areas it depends what you are looking for. 

If you want to live in a clean residential area with nice shops and expensive cafe's and restaurants then you could try the following areas of the city: Vomero, Posilipo, Arenella or Chiaia.

If you are looking for something cheaper and off the beaten track then try the Centrostorico areas: Montesanto, Dante, Piazza Cavour, San Lorenzo or San Giuseppe.

If you are looking to live by the sea try: Pozzuoli, Sorrento or Torre Annunziata which are outside Naples and further along the coast North and South.

I'd avoid the following: Scampia, Pianura, Secondigliano and the area between Gianturco and the Port of the City.

Adikari: There is a large Sri Lankan community in the Sannita' area which might be of interest as some shops there sell Sri Lankan food. 

The place for pizza is either along the sea front opposite the Castel dell'Ovo or along the Tribunali in the centro storico.

There are still no decent places to find a good curry though!

Hey!
Thank you for informations.
I'm here near by Piazza Dante and it's been more than one month now.
Adikari.