Are there Pakistani in Istanbul?

Hi / AoA Amna,
Welocme to Istanbul.
Daycare facilities are not common in Turkey like in US or UK.
Tell me where you reside and I will try to find near yout area and inform you in p.m.

Regards,
Jawad

Well, at the moment we are residing in a temporary accommodation. Have not finalized a place yet. Hopefully will do so by next week.

Please check this day-care center. Hope it suits you.

Meşe Palamudu Çocuk Evi
Tel: 0212 327 04 49
Fax:0212 327 04 50

Palanga Cad. Mütevelli İbrahim Sok. No:8 Ortaköy.-Beşiktaş

i am comong to istanbul for study purpose and want to confirm that is ther jobs available for internatonl students in istanbul

hi my all pakistani bother i am abdul razaq me from pakistan and i m student in istanbul i need job any pakistan boy can help me

Salam Amna,
There should be many day care facilities where ever you are. I was previously under the same misconception that daycare facilities are not common here when in fact, it is quite the opposite.
These are called "ana okul" but unlike preschools in the west, these take in kids as young as 2 yr old depending on the institution.
My daughter goes to an excellent preschool that has english class for kids 5+ five days a week. This helped my daughter learn Turkish a lot faster than she could have holed up at home.
Hope that helped.

its major shahid,,works in pakistan army,,planing to visit istanbul in the month of augest,,,needs a guidance,,,if u can????

Hello shahid,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

What kind of guidance do you need please? Can you be more specific?

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Farhana,
There is a specific shop at the spice bazaar, that has all the spices required for biryani. Please PM me for details, as I am not sure if listing commercial businesses (even if not mine own) is allowed here.
I will help you with the names too, if you need.

If you want prepared spices like "Biryani masala" or "Nehari masala" by brands like Shan, Chefpride, then its not available in Turkey. But you can find many spices in Spice market, 5M Migros, Real or Carrefour. If you are unaware of its Turkish names then some of them are :
Kakule:cardamom/ safron:safran/ clove:karanfil/ ginger:zencifil/ tarçın:cinnamon/ zerdeçal:turmeric.

The spices which are not available for Biryani are :
Nutmeg, Mace, Black Cardamom, Bay leaf, & Black Cumin.

I just PM'd Farhana where to find all the spices :D

Edited: I misspelled Farhana :/

Hint cevizi, muskat kabugu, siyah kakule, defne yapragi, frenk kimyon

Hahahahaha.....I spent monthssss looking these up in every.single.spice shop.

Hi There,

Is that shop in european side or asian side?
Because i live in asian side and i am sick of having this blunt food!!

Thanks
Ashwin

It's a short ferry ride to Eminonu :) There is one shop in Kadikoy too that carry some of our spices, but not all. It's on Sogutlucesme Cadde on the same plaza as Simit Saray.

now where is this eminonu!! i know i am asking too many questions but i need to explain this to my local friend so that he will take me there! kadikoy! what do they call haldi (turmeric powder) in turkish!

Your local friend should know about the misir carsi...spice bazaar. Haldi is zerdechal.

thank you so much!

hi bro,
i am a student in Germany, me  and one of mine german friend visiting istanbul on 7th march till 14th march. could it be possible to find some place for accommodation ?

looking forward to your reply
best regards
ihtisham

for how long he will be in Istanbul?

Where is the spice bazaar in kadikoy? Iive in Kadikoy.

Ask for the tarihi carsisi on Sogutlucesme cadde. There are a few very good spice shops there.

Hi Farhana,

I will get you the shaan massla once I visit istanbul.

Regards,

You are most welcome.

Hi Everyone,

I had just got admission in AYDIN University istanbul

Can anyone guide about this university ranking and degree authentication.

Moreover i have Done MBA from Pakistan & 5 years experience of Accounts manager from Dubai. Will it help me there in Istanbul?

How many hours work allowed there in while study?

What kind of jobs do you get over there?

Quick response will be appreciated.

Plz help me out dear friends..................

HI dear?

Are you still in Istanbul?

Can i have some information for jobs if i am coming on study visa....

Please advise dear.

Thanks

Dear 'shahqureshi',
I will write you a p.m and inform in detail .

Hi Abu Syed,

I am coming to Turkey for short trip in April-14. Want to meet u, for disscuss about Pakistani community lived in Turkey.

Khalid Fayyaz Siddiqui wrote:

Hi Abu Syed,

I am coming to Turkey for short trip in April-14. Want to meet u, for disscuss about Pakistani community lived in Turkey.

Please tell how i contact u in istambul

brother Can student find job in Turkey for living expenses? what part of pakistan u belong from?

Hi is the plan for 23rd march is confirmed?

Hey I m in pakistan. ..if u want I can bring dese masala.packets...

Assalamo Alikum Murtaza,
I am Asnan Ghafoor from Pakistan Imam a business graduate and want to shift to Turkey and start business . Can you help me in answering some basic questions.
Regards
Adnan Ghafoor

hi am rinu from Pakistan and now livng in Istanbul. I am seeking for  indian and Pakistani community want to meet them and enjoy life in Istanbul .

:|

Asalam-alekum and Hi to everyone. I am Kamran From Pakistan, coming to Turkey, Istanbul by next couple of months for study purpose, could anyone please tell me about the living expense in Turkey, and i also want to know criteria to find a job. please guide me anyone plz.
best regards
Kamran

What a strange question in my view. Pakistanis worried about food and cultural adjustments in Turkey.

The only issue is language barrier, but you can learn "Evet? Tamman!

Move from Pakistan or Middle east to Turkey is like moving from your home to your holiday home.

What caught me to subscribe to this forum is Pakistanis discussing where to find spices...lolzzz..sorry...but we all eat Tikka boti kebab, rice and spicy food in Pakistan and Middle east...Turkey is no different..and such amazing food and people too very helpful its just feels like home. Damn how i still miss that Bakalava..and Ayran..on Istiklal caddessi...and kizilay Square...

Moral of my post is dont worry about looking for a Pakistani or a specific Pakistani spices, infact live around the Turks you will enjoy more.

Hoscal!

Yes there are many people working in Istanbul. Turkey is now safe so don't worry.

Hey there...I would really appreciate if someone could just guide me regarding settling in Turkey. My husband and I are already Malaysian Expats but now planning to move to Turkey. Can anybody just shed some light on business opportunities here,Turkish nationality n status procedure. And do Pakistanis get to have complications free visas procedure for Turkey or not.. Any kind of feedback is more than welcomed.

HI everyone i m Touqeer Ahmad from Pakistan but working in Dubai and i m also coming in 2 weeks for 5 or 6 days for spend my vacation in Turkey so i rely want to know were is Pakistani in Turkey.

Hi everybody,

Please note that some off topic posts have been removed from this discussion.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Assalamoalikum
So.how many of us are actually here lets meet ul all?