Advice if taking the boat to Uruguay from BA

Guys, take a good book or playlist and for gods sake take sandwiches/empanadas and drinks in your hand luggage.
The waiting time is excrutiting, the passage is boring and things to buy are totally ridiculously comically expensive at the ports and especially on board.

I noticed from Buquebus webside: that there are 2 types of boats, I can't recall the times but one is much faster than another. Same annoyances apply?
Also a flight to Montevideo is only $40US more, might worth it.
So, Montevideo, is it worth a visit from BA?
Thanks, as always good info from you, mate

3lckr wrote:

I noticed from Buquebus webside: that there are 2 types of boats, I can't recall the times but one is much faster than another. Same annoyances apply?
Also a flight to Montevideo is only $40US more, might worth it.
So, Montevideo, is it worth a visit from BA?
Thanks, as always good info from you, mate

I would say save the extra 200 pesos for sandwiches and beer! The time wait is the same as for an international flight more or less.

I went to Colonia, but I hear great things about Montevideo. I was on the Seacat which is the faster of the boats but in my opinion they are much of a muchness. Also note that some exact same items that were 25 pesos off the boat with the same company in the terminal were 32 pesos on the boat .... I was sure duty free worked the other way!

I found all the people in Colonia super friendly and the beaches ok if the weather was nicer.

chau chico