Moving to Rabigh!

Hi everyone!

We are considering a move to Rabigh to work at HIWPT. I wanted to know if anyone is in Rabigh right now who could help me with my million questions!! :)
- how is the city/village?
- is it safe for women and children? we have a 6 month baby girl
- what are the things to do there-in rabigh!? not jeddah ;)
- how does the transport system look? we will not buy a car as soon as we get there & i know women can't drive.. :(
-are there good apartments to rent? We won't get a compound I think.
- what about amenities? what's available?

too many questions!! I know!! sorry!
but, i would really really appreciate if anyone could help me with these, it would make our decision making process easier! I so look forward to hearing from you all!
thanks so much in advance...

Hello wpshotton.

Welcome to Expat.com!

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Saudi Arabia forum. :)

I hope you will soon get some useful informatios about Rabigh .

Thank you,
Aurélie

A very simple answer to your queries, Just go through the threads/discussions on this forum, I bet you will get plethora of answers. Also I remember there was a thread on Rabigh in the recent past.

Search Search Search, and after that if you have some more specific queries, do shoot them here. I know there are plenty of people on this forum to help you in the right direction.

Good Luck :)

You might want to go through the network ( https://www.expat.com/en/network/middle … di-arabia/ ) and find people living there and email them directly.

A warning:  You have to post on the forum X number of times first or your PM's will be cut off.

Hi
Thanks so much for the replies! :) I did try and go through the forums- I found 2 people who have lived there in the past year. I have contacted them and I am hoping to hear from them.
In the mean time, I will look more into the forums. Thanks!
But, do either of you have any idea about the city?
take care!

Nope, I'm in the middle of the country (Riyadh) but I DO know about Chicago!  I grew up there! :)

oh great! :) Chicago is an awesome city!!
Hopefully we can find out more about this tiny town on the map ;)

Sorry Dude, Even I dont have any idea of that place.... Keep your fingers crossed for the replies !! :)

hahhaa thanks saimans! i had no idea either..till the husband gets a job offer ;)
where in india are u from?

wpshotton wrote:

hahhaa thanks saimans! i had no idea either..till the husband gets a job offer ;)
where in india are u from?

First change your avtaar for a female :)
Secondly, Its encouraging that you are doing your homework, before getting a job offer, Proactive action :top:, very much needed in this part of world.
I'm from Mumbai, India !!

Hi!
Welcome to EB!
Rabigh is peaceful city to live in about 02 hours drive from Jeddah. You will find all the basic facilities there. You may miss Chicago there :) but in general it is fine place to live in....Much cheaper than Jeddah and Chicago for sure...:)
Stay in touch and hope to see you around..