South African Moving from UAE to Maldives

Hi

I have been offered a position in the maldives and im wandering if this is a good decision, (obviously is still my decision to make). I wanted to know from the expat community living on hotel resorts what is your biggest challenge? Do you have organised meet ups where its possible to meet other expats on different islands?

Your help would be appreciated!

Candz

Hi Candz,

if you will be working on a resort hotel, then your most likely locked up on to one island and you can escape to another/possibly the capital on your days off..

the biggest chalenge for most expats is that its not easy to get drinks.. esp if your on a junior level at a hotel.. other than that its the island lfe.. means you will not have much to do after your work hours..

hope this helped

regards
mooch

Hi Candz

The key challenges are lack of privacy/lack of tentertainment/island constrictions re travel.....for a girl restricted amenities etc

However, great beaches, love Maldivians great peeople quiet, calm life....hard work but little stress...

is it for you? this is the question

Cheers
Yvonne

Hi Mooch and Yvonne,

Thank you so much for your replies, Will be taking the jump and moving in September, and as they say in Dubai, Inshallah all will be ok:)

Keep well and enjoy island life