Expat blog meet up on 5 July

Hey guys and girls !

I think all the new people that have just arrived should go for a drink ? how does that sounds ? we can do that wednesday or thursday evening  ?

We all want to meet new people so it would be a good way to create a small group :)

What do you think ?

Cya soon I hope

Florian

Wat about old one, could meet up together to give guideline to new one, rite?!? :/

Hey Florian,

Good idea. There's a bistro called Bread and Butter on Bui Vien street which is very nice for a gathering. More details can be found here

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R … _City.html

I think it's nice to call up all the new ones, old ones and even the locals. Let me know.

P.

Yes !! of course everyone can come :)
phong do, bread and butter is fine !
we'll see the responses we have tomorrow !!

goodnight

Dear,

i am Vietnamese, i really like to join this group but how can i join in it? Do you need any condition for this? i cant drink beer but i can cocacola ^ ^ ...look forward from you ^ ^ ...

There is no 'group'... anyone can come and of course it doesn't matter what you drink :)

Tomorrow nite huh :-? It sounds great :) but it's been raining everyday ka.... :(

Hey, i would love to join as well! :), So when will we meet?

hey,

about tomorrow night then, around 7:30 ?? as anybody got any good plans ? any cool bar to go to ?

Cya

Do u  mean on Thursday nite?!? Around 7:30 for dinner, then hang out at bar... Alrite?!? Wat kind of food (vn, western,...) and bar (flamenco, rock, dance....) that u'd like, so I can give suggestion well :)

yes thursday night is good !! dinner and bar sounds perfect ! food i'd say vietnamese :) and for the bar , you pick !!

i'd be good to know who is coming so we have a general idea of how many we are gonna be ^^

see you soon

Here are some places, be confirm:
For food
- Wrap & roll restaurant (Hai Ba Trung street, D1) wrap-roll.com/dia-chi.html?lang=en
- Hot pot: Soa Soa restaurant (Pham Ngoc Thach street, D3) vnnavi.com/restaurants/soasoa/en_index.html
- Rice, traditional meal: Com nieu Sai gon (Tu Xuong street , D3) vnnavi.com/restaurants/comnieusaigon/en_index.html

For drink
- Carmen bar (08 Ly Tu Trong street, D1) - live flamenco band from 9pm virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/Vietnam/Thanh_Pho_Ho_Chi_Minh/Ho_Chi_Minh_City-1470720/Nightlife-Ho_Chi_Minh_City-Carmen_Bar-BR-1.html
- Chill skybar (26F A&B Tower, 76 Le Lai street, D1) - rooftop & luxury bar chillsaigon.com/

Any ideas else?!?

everything sounds awesome so I'll let other people pick :)

I'm in :).. so where will we meet?

for god sake please make an appointment several days before the actual date!!!

how about tonight !! 7.30 :)
Where we go is not my choice !

i think a plac where we can drink a few beers is perfect, I will let the people living in HCM to decide for that !

See you

Hi all,

For final decision, cos no one make a choice yet, so I decide the plan as follow:
- Date: Thursday, July 5, 2012
- Agenda:
        * 7:30pm: dinner at Wrap & Roll restaurant (62 Hai Ba Trung street, District 1- near Park Hyatt hotel) --> looking for a table of Expat.com members
        * 9:00pm: have a drink & enjoy live music at Carmen bar (8 Ly Tu Trong street, district 1)

@ Florian, Bilima, QuynhTruc, Truc Nguyen: kindly give me a text for your confirmation (my number:for security reason pls use private message system)
@ Rojamin: This appointment already made several days before guy :) if u're available, let join with us

I think  Wrap & roll restaurant and Carmen bar are good places as I live near here :)

kk, c u guys there.. i'll be late maybe..

bechum !! that sounds perfect ^^
i'm definitely coming :)

see you tonight.

Hi all,

I'll be coming too. See you all there!

Hi bechum and Florian,

I have sticked the discussion and changed the title for better visibility. ;)

Edited!!!

rojamin wrote:

I'm helping my aunt run the Passio Cafe to go in 112 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai street, D.1, it's also a cool place to lay back and chill, come over and we'll discuss about the trip!!!

It means u're going to invite us coffee after our dinner huh :cool:

Edited

great! ^__^

sorry i got to shampoo my hair, maybe next time on a Sat or SUN.

yep see ya next time, with a shampoo along :) kidding
someone please sum up how it goes today ?!?

We do have nice meet-up last night :) at the beginning , it's quite crazy cos we made appointment while we didn't know our face or phone number to recognize each others :lol: however, after waiting, up and down, we can find out the group :roll eyes: then we started to enjoy.... enjoy the food, have fun with the way we move to carmen bar (let B. share her experience for that :P), great time with the band, especially the romantic French song for F. :lol: .... OMG, let's others share their own feeling... I am thinking for next meet-up plan now :cool:

I really enjoyed meeting you all yesterday. Cool people, delicious food and Carmen bar was a great choice, so cool there!

Hope next time more people join us, it was fun!

a quick question to 'B.' ARE YOU GERMAN?  :-s

and miss the meeting T___T

We should make another plan. How about tomorrow night. Saturday nite is great for weekend relaxing

@ trang 126: you didn't miss anything, I wasn't there LOL kidding

@ CindyLuu: How about watching 'horror Kịch' at Starbow in Tan Binh District? One of my cousins said it's like Saigon speciality, there're ppl who just fly to Saigon to watch this Horror Theater show and then fly back to Hanoi within a day.
Then we could try Viet Mac subsequently :D I heard about Viet Mac long ago but have never tasted that delicious Rice Burger Viet cuisine style :D  My cousins are with me hehe

@rojamin: i like to try viet mac too, lets hook up tmr for it.I know abt horror kich and watched it b4 in district but i never heard abt it in atn binh district.

My number is 0903885253. Sms me ok

Thanks a lot bechum for the organization it was FAN-TAS-TIC XD! Im looking forward to seeing u guys again :)

@ CindyLuu: sry I checked it too late :) another time then

last night i didn't  been home T___T unitll now ^__^