Before the meeting with real estate firm

Is this the way to go when you meet with the real estate firm, for example:

Remax, Dahlia, Bernads or Sara Grech.

You arrange a meeting with them in Malta lets say the second day you come there. To the meeting can bring print screens on your iPad and say you want to see these apartments. I've heard allot of real estate firms that try to show you some more expensive apartments when you say like "I want to see some apartments that cost maximum €250 each month", they show you apartments in the €300 class.

To avoid the problem it would be better to do it this way right?

Lets say i arranged a meeting with .dhalia.com/ i bring up my iPad and say, "I would like to see these apartments."

(But i show them on iPad ofc.)
i.imgur.com/EDHlY.jpg
i.imgur.com/vG0IQ.jpg
i.imgur.com/3N5eZ.jpg
i.imgur.com/ZJlvN.jpg

Is this a good way to go?

the rental market here moves quickly and to be honest the properties on their web sites are usually already gone - they rarely take rented properties off their pages. best bet is to maybe a day or two before you arrive check to see if they are available then compile your list.

as for them showing you more expensive property - thats the name of the game "SALES" but you must stick to your guns if you have a budget (and most people do) stick to it and if they dont show you what you haves asked for leave and find soemone else - sometimes its best not to go via agent ask around the bars cafes restaurants etc, ask locals, - look in windows that have signs up that say "direct from owner" and phone them, and another tip that sometimes works even if a property is up for sale it doesn't mean the owner wont rent it...they often do as the sales of property is very slow indeed.

Thank you for that answer!

I emailed Dhalia and they say like this:

Hi Robin,

Hope all is well.

In Malta at the moment nothing available less than €350 per month however if you are interested in Gozo we probably can help you find a property available for €250 per month.

Regards

Can this really be true?

Hi Robin,

it is probably quite true . From now until September is the main tourist season , even for longer term rentals.

You could try one of the smaller, local agencies near where you want to stay. But you would need to have a lot of luck.

The only place I ever saw for less than 300 € in Gzira was a one room hole on the roof top! You could call it even penthouse -)))

Cheers
Ricky

yes it could be as Gozo is considered to be cheaper (in terms of the rental market) than Malta.

toonarmy9752 wrote:

yes it could be as Gozo is considered to be cheaper (in terms of the rental market) than Malta.

Ok thanks, i think i will aim for Gozo.
It seems like a nice place. A bit off but still seems like a nice island.

I wonder why all the houses I am looking at in  Gozo are about €1200 or more fit long rentals! I will have to keep looking....

it is a lovely island - too quiet for us though - but great for a short break for us.....maybe you need to refine the search details.

Groto wrote:

I wonder why all the houses I am looking at in  Gozo are about €1200 or more fit long rentals! I will have to keep looking....

Actually i am looking at apartments not houses.
I'm pretty sure houses are cheaper on Gozo to. :)

I will have to keep looking. Would like a house with a bit of garden and pool.  I live in country western Australia so used to space!

Does anyone know of any sites (not estate agent sites) where landlords post adds for their properties and or for house/apartment shares?
I'm finding it hard to comprehend that there are none in Malta.

search for owners direct malta....

Check out the TimesofMalta Classifieds ..........

Hi Marcusj,

You could have a look at the Housing in Malta section.

Thanks guys, I'll have a look at those sites.