Visit Visa for Mother

Hello everyone, i'm in dire need of help & advise regarding on how to bring my mother to Riyadh. My fathers visa status has been changed to labor so he cannot apply for it, my iqama profession is "General Accountant" so i think i can apply for it.

However I have tried 3 times already through the online family visit visa form (https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/VisaFamilyApp/FamilyApp.asp) but everytime its been rejected. The first 2 time i accidentally wrote a few wrong details but the 3rd time everything was correct in the proper format but still i got rejected (though i did not write the رقم تأشيرة الدخول because i got my visa through transfering myself from my dad to a saudi sponsor) plus my sponsor says that its not for us to fill but the office (i do not know if this info is correct though!)

Since this did not work we went to Ministry of Foreign Affairs to ask them why they are refusing but they did not give any reply just shooed us off, so we went to some of these general services offices outside of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and solicited their help, they said you should apply manually not online if your being rejected, through the Ministry of Interior. From there we got another form which needs to be filled, plus we went inside the MOI office and the guy inside said you need a copy of your iqama, mothers passport, letter from kafeel stating salary etc., academic qualification attested from Foreign affairs in my home country and stamped by the saudi embassy there after which we can apply not only for visit visa for my mother but a permanent visa as well (with a fees of SAR 2000 or so), IS ANY OF THIS TRUE? or am i being lied to and scammed?

Now i do not know how true all of this is, i've been bouncing around wasting money trying to get this sorted and have lost money and my patience. I need to know where i can go and what i need to do to get this visa without anymore delays.

I'm going through a very rough phase in my life and really need my mother to be here with us, so any help will be supremely appreciated.

Regards

I did a rough survey a few weeks back and found out that MOFA approved only a very low number of visit visas (3-4%) in a day. The number of applications are amazingly huge and they really don't have time to go deep inside applications. They see رقم تأشيرة الدخول missing and instantly reject the case (guessworks of course :)).

I'd suggest you to go for the family (permanent) visa. You'll have to pay 2,000 SAR to the government (that's right). Please don't pay ANYONE else even a single penny.

May God be with you.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply TheLegendLeads.

So this permanent Visa for mother is real? Its not some phantom construct to con me out of my money? Because i had not seen or heard of this process before ... My father & siblings are already here because we were on our fathers visa .. however my biological mother died 12 years ago and my father remarried some time back by which time his iqama status had been changed so we find ourself in this limbo.

By the way where can i find this رقم تأشيرة الدخول ? Maybe if i had this no. i can retry again? Or is it not a feasible option due to high rejection rates as you quoted?

Furthermore what is the time frame involved in applying through this other manner for the permanent visa for mother? Do you know of the list of doc's i might need apart from the ones i mentioned prior? I have all of those except my Bachelors degree attested from MOFA (in PAK) which i have no idea how long they take to process it. Also i have been warned by a few of my friends (who have experienced this prior) that its not easy to get this and you that i will eventually end up paying around SAR 6000 to 8000 just to get this permanent visa because of unscrupulous agents/workers within the department issuing this type of visa (is there any truth to this?)

Thanks again for all your help and efforts, they are highly appreciated!

P.S. TheLegendLeads ... have you worked at PeekFreans (EBM) in Pak? :)

See, mother's visa is a kind of family visa. And the procedure is the same as bringing someone's wife. As this has been discussed various times, I suggest to use the google custom search box on the right top of any page and google around. My provided list may miss some important document; I know :D

The procedure will require you to visit the Istakhdaam office and can take 10 minutes if your documents are all complete.

I never advise anyone here to go unethical or illegal: There are some agents whom you have to pay to get a family visa. Please never deal with them. It's bribery...HARAM!

Tip: If your sponsor could mention a bit of problem in the letter requesting them to support you, that will be great!

Ah... You got me there (You are the FIRST GUY who knew the reality of my ID :lol:). In fact PeekFreans didn't take me in for my greed for cookies, I decided to steal their slogan.

The Legend Leads, The Rest Follows. :cool:

The documents required from what i could find from the net and after following up from the MOI office was :

1. Iqama copy
2. Passport copy of mother
3. Academic qualif. attested
4. Letter from Sponsor stating salary etc.
5. Marriage certificate is required for wife (is birth certificate required for mother? however since its my step-mother i dont have her name on it .. will this cause issues?) Also these requirements are for permanent visa right or visit visa too?

However this method seems to have different rules and requirements compared to the online MOFA form which i had been submitting previously, they did not ask for these things .. why? I only had to fill form get it signed & stamped from sponsor and get it chambered (from Chamber of Commerce) and then wait to see if its approved online.

You are right i am not going to try anything illegal at ALL. However i'm lost and frustrated in all these formalities and different methods so if i have to seek an agents help in directing me correctly i might solicit that, nothing beyond that.

As for EBM i worked there for a bit hence i knew :D ... its a shame they didnt let you in from what i understand i think they are also embroiled in a legal battle over the use of this pied piper and legend leads tagline. Its the property of Peek Freans .. though i think they have or are nearly close to ceasing operations in UK itself?

Thank you once again for your counsel!

Following up on my initial request .. i apparently need to get my Bachelors degree attested. In order for that i need to send it to HEC in Pakistan and then MOFA (Pakistan) then to Saudi cultural office and then Saudi Embassy.

However i have been told that i will need equivalence for my A/O Levels certificates to submit to HEC because they will not recognize them as is.

I am now seeking an agent who could do this on my behalf ... is there anyone out here who might recommend me someone who can do this whole process done from the getting equivalence to the very end of getting everything stamped from Saudi Embassy at the end.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Hi , Did you get your Mother's Visa processed ? Also need to get my degrees attested did u find any way to do this while being in Riyadh , I have letters from my sponsor but apparently will have to send it to Pakistan by post to my family and ask them to get it attested. If there was any agency doing handling in Riyadh it would be good

Guys,
to best of my knowledge Family visa is never for Mothers. However, incase her husband is nto alive and you're solely her custodian this is definitely a possiblity.

But visit visa is very simply may be your applied during ramadan and ministry is but conservative at this time. Try applying immediately after Ramadhan and m sure it will work.

I have called my parent numerous times

AoA guys,

pkmusd: I went to MOI and got the old manual form and i was informed by the guy their that i can apply for a permanent/visit visa for my mother through there. However he requested i bring a letter from employer stating salary, Attested Degree, Passport copy, Iqama copy and so forth along with filled form to apply. I did not have attested degree so i'm awaiting it.
I applied 2 times through MOFA form online but it got rejected and no one at MOFA was helpful enough to point out why? I have "General Accountant" as profession and everything else is fine, the details on the form were double checked by me and sponsor so their rejection is mysterious. Hence i turned to MOI and the old fashioned way because the agents outside MOFA said to try through their especially during Ramadan the online system is very slow and NEVER tells you why your visa is being rejected atleast going to MOI the guy on the counter will immediately tell you whats missing because he wont file for the visa until everything is in order (thats my understanding of the situation so far).

lhr2riyadh: Bro i'm from Karachi so i fortunately found this agent online who handles things there plus they are charging me Rs. 2200 for HEC/MOFA Rs. 1500 for Saudi Culture Office and Rs. 1750 for Saudi Embassy attestations:

BUSINESS POINT
http://bizpointonline.com/index.htm
AUTHORIZED AGENT OF SAUDI CONSUALTE

ARABIC TRANSLATION & ATTESTATION

PROCESSING OF ALL KIND OF SAUDI VISAS

Off No.2 ,Karim Plaza, Adjacent to Sui Gas Building & Civic Center , Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi

+92-21-4127375, 4142313    Cell: 0314-2374063

[email protected]

For Lahore i think Skylink offers their services. I had their contact details but cant seem to find them at present but search on the web and you should find their easily. They also operate under the name of Afzal Enterprises i think ... (difference being their registered name and operating name being separate?)

http://www.afzalenterprises.com.pk/contact-us/
Head Office:

Suite # 7, Bangsar Plaza, Commercial Center, Satellite Town Rawalpindi Pakistan.

Phone # +92 51 4425189 – 4451641 – 4572217 – 4572218

Fax #     +92 51 4426843

Branch Office:

UGF -3/A Ground Floor ,Empress Tower,  Near Shimla Pahari Empress Road LahorePakistan

Phone # +92 42 36297251

Web address:
www.afzalenterprises.com.pk

Human Resources:
[email protected]

Yahoo Mail:
[email protected]

------------------------

Hope that helps, i went through a lot of pain trying to find out these details because i couldnt find a reliable agent too, however these guys are ok but you will need to send them you docs from here or to any relative in Pak who can then contact them on your behalf. If you need any more help PM me.

Zoufan wrote:

AoA guys,

pkmusd: I went to MOI and got the old manual form and i was informed by the guy their that i can apply for a permanent/visit visa for my mother through there. However he requested i bring a letter from employer stating salary, Attested Degree, Passport copy, Iqama copy and so forth along with filled form to apply. I did not have attested degree so i'm awaiting it.
I applied 2 times through MOFA form online but it got rejected and no one at MOFA was helpful enough to point out why? I have "General Accountant" as profession and everything else is fine, the details on the form were double checked by me and sponsor so their rejection is mysterious. Hence i turned to MOI and the old fashioned way because the agents outside MOFA said to try through their especially during Ramadan the online system is very slow and NEVER tells you why your visa is being rejected atleast going to MOI the guy on the counter will immediately tell you whats missing because he wont file for the visa until everything is in order (thats my understanding of the situation so far).

lhr2riyadh: Bro i'm from Karachi so i fortunately found this agent online who handles things there plus they are charging me Rs. 2200 for HEC/MOFA Rs. 1500 for Saudi Culture Office and Rs. 1750 for Saudi Embassy attestations:

BUSINESS POINT
http://bizpointonline.com/index.htm
AUTHORIZED AGENT OF SAUDI CONSUALTE

ARABIC TRANSLATION & ATTESTATION

PROCESSING OF ALL KIND OF SAUDI VISAS

Off No.2 ,Karim Plaza, Adjacent to Sui Gas Building & Civic Center , Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi

+92-21-4127375, 4142313    Cell: 0314-2374063

[email protected]

For Lahore i think Skylink offers their services. I had their contact details but cant seem to find them at present but search on the web and you should find their easily. They also operate under the name of Afzal Enterprises i think ... (difference being their registered name and operating name being separate?)

http://www.afzalenterprises.com.pk/contact-us/
Head Office:

Suite # 7, Bangsar Plaza, Commercial Center, Satellite Town Rawalpindi Pakistan.

Phone # +92 51 4425189 – 4451641 – 4572217 – 4572218

Fax #     +92 51 4426843

Branch Office:

UGF -3/A Ground Floor ,Empress Tower,  Near Shimla Pahari Empress Road LahorePakistan

Phone # +92 42 36297251

Web address:
www.afzalenterprises.com.pk

Human Resources:
[email protected]

Yahoo Mail:
[email protected]

------------------------

Hope that helps, i went through a lot of pain trying to find out these details. If you need any more help PM me.

oh dear,I can understand your frustration int hsi regard. Recently, I blv process has been changed for visit visas that you go with introdcution letter, copy of passpors and online filled form to Ministry of commerce (on dabbab street) and they will stamp your app and introduction letter and you can submit your docuemnt right there.

I will double check with my govt ofc guy coz he gets it done from jeddah v frequently.

pkmusd wrote:

oh dear,I can understand your frustration int hsi regard. Recently, I blv process has been changed for visit visas that you go with introdcution letter, copy of passpors and online filled form to Ministry of commerce (on dabbab street) and they will stamp your app and introduction letter and you can submit your docuemnt right there.

I will double check with my govt ofc guy coz he gets it done from jeddah v frequently.

THank you for the swift reply sir.

I have got my online form from MOFA filled, signed/stamped by my sponsor and then took it to Chamber of Commerce on Dabab street where they verify the signature and then submit the form but they return the physical form without marking it or stamping it and instead provide you with a receipt (سند قبض) of sort stating you paid SAR 25 for the form verification (and submission). Then you wait online by visiting MOFA site with the visa application number for approval.

I never took a introductory letter (they never asked for it as well, if it was a requirement should they not inquire for it?) hence it never got stamped or anything as well. Plus copy of passport not required for it as well. Are you sure about these details?

Zoufan wrote:
pkmusd wrote:

I have got my online form from MOFA filled, signed/stamped by my sponsor and then took it to Chamber of Commerce on Dabab street where they verify the signature and then submit the form but they return the physical form without marking it or stamping it and instead provide you with a receipt (سند قبض) of sort stating you paid SAR 25 for the form verification (and submission). Then you wait online by visiting MOFA site with the visa application number for approval.

I never took a introductory letter (they never asked for it as well, if it was a requirement should they not inquire for it?) hence it never got stamped or anything as well. Plus copy of passport not required for it as well. Are you sure about these details?

In kingdom everytime you will see a diff process. But to be on safeside you need intro letter, passport of your mother to them. If they accept your documents, in 3-5 days you ge visa online.
If they reject then you will get a rejection message.
I belevie the exact reason is never specified.
Have you checked that your iqama professiona is valid to call family??

pkmusd wrote:
Zoufan wrote:
pkmusd wrote:

In kingdom everytime you will see a diff process. But to be on safeside you need intro letter, passport of your mother to them. If they accept your documents, in 3-5 days you ge visa online.
If they reject then you will get a rejection message.
I belevie the exact reason is never specified.
Have you checked that your iqama professiona is valid to call family??

But sir the chamber of commerce is not responsible for processing visas hence they do NOT take any documents from us applicants for the visa approval they only verify signature of sponsor and then charge you the amount and enter the visa no. in to their system. No one i have seen ever submit their spouse/parents passport or copy in chamber of commerce? Its probably required by MOI when you go through the manual route rather than the online system.
My Iqama profession as i mentioned previously is General Accountant, i can call family members on it last i checked.

YEa i know its MOI thats processes it.
I think due to recent change in process many things are unclear.

Does anyone where to challenge the rejected application or to atleast know the reason for the rejection.
i am expecting and due in a month, my husband has applied for my mother's visa 4 times now and they are keep on rejecting it each time showing different msg. last time i applied was 3 days before eid holidays and got the reply in few hrs with rejection. i dont have any help over here and i desperately want my mum here. plz help.

p.s

1. our iqama's are valid just got them renewed.
2. and my husband's profession is comuputer engineer on iqama.

what is an intro letter?

and kindly tell me the quickest way to get my mother's visit visa.

is manual way of applying still exist? and is it reliable? can u explain the whole process?

somebody told me to fill the application online signed by sponser and goto istiqdam with all the documents. i have well written medical report from the doctor. there is a counter their for visit visa if they sign the application u just have to goto COC and the visa is confirm.

plz reply soon.

Does anyone where to challenge the rejected application or to atleast know the reason for the rejection.

i am expecting and due in a month, my husband has applied for my mother's visa 4 times now and they are keep on rejecting it each time showing different msg. last time i applied was 3 days before eid holidays and got the reply in few hrs with rejection. i dont have any help over here and i desperately want my mum here. plz help.

p.s

what is an intro letter?

is manual way of applying still exist? and is it reliable? can u explain the whole process?

somebody told me to fill the application online signed by sponser and goto istiqdam with all the documents. i have well written medical report from the doctor. there is a counter their for visit visa if they sign the application u just have to goto COC and the visa is confirm.

plz reply soon.

If you are pregnant and expecting, then calling your mother on a visit visa should not be a problem at all.

Tell your husband to go to any "khidmaat al-aama office" ... and tell them that you need to apply for an online visit visa.

They will fill up an online application form. The very important point and the common mistake everyone makes is, you have to fill the visit visa purpose section very carefully. In your case it should be mentioned clearly that you are expecting and you need your mother to visit you to help out with stuff. Once the application is filled and submitted. The will give you a print out of you application which will have your application number. Your husband needs to get it signed and stamped from the company and then go to counter 8,9 or 10 in Riyadh chamber of commerce to submit it with the visa fee. After that, keep checking online with your application number, usually within 3-5 days they will ask you to come to ministry of foreign affairs along with the medical certificate. They will check the papers and that's it. Next day you will have the visa issued online.

If you need any clarifications or assistance, inbox me.

lalarukh wrote:

p.s

what is an intro letter?

plz reply soon.

The rejection of the visa can not be challenged or appealed against, under any circumstances. This is saudi arabia for you.

The manual way still exists, get manual visit visa application form from ministry of interior on old airport road. Fill it up, get it signed and stamped by the company and go to MOI. Take all the supporting documents like passports, marriage certificates, educational documents and medical reports with you. And clearly mention the visit purpose on your application. You will get the visa IA.

lalarukh wrote:

p.s

what is an intro letter?

plz reply soon.

once you fill an online application, you get it signed and stamped from your company and then go to Riyadh Chamber of commerce.

The counters number 8,9 and 10 are for MOFA specifically. For visit visa you don't need any introductory letter or passport or any supporting document. The will verify the signature and stamp, charge you 25SR and will give you the form back. Thats it.

After that you will have to wait and keep checking online. If you have a white collar profession, you will be granted the visa online or they will call you to MOFA to double check your ID and profession.

However, visas are rejected due to many reasons. If you have recently changed your profession or sponsor, you will have to wait for 6 months before you can apply. For visit purpose you can only apply for your wife and kids or for your parents. Siblings, uncles, aunts and other relatives will get rejected.

In special cases, if you need to bring someone other then your parents/wife & kids, you will have to clearly mention the visit purpose on the form. You will be asked to visit MOFA along with documented proof.

Zoufan wrote:
pkmusd wrote:

Hey Arbab, Thanks a lot for your reply!

I have done as you said word to word but was rejected by MOFA whilst trying to get a visit visa for my mom.

Now judging by what you have posted i have a few querys which you can hopefully answer. My iqama says it will expire on 11/06/1434 (hijri date) corresponding to 21/04/2013 (Gregorian) ... i recently had my iqama transferred and then renewed since i was on my fathers sponsorship prior. My iqama was probably renewed in May/April this year so could it be rejected due to the six months not having being passed rule as you mention?

Also my profession is General Accountant (Muhasib Aam).

Is it possible that something on my online form was not filled correctly? The rejection never states this ... it would help if they could mention this then i can query my sponsor for whatever detail is wrongly entered. Is there anyone who can help us in filling out the form properly? I have my sponsors C.R. (commercial registration copy) so i have the necessary details and can provide whatever else is needed to fill up the online form to whomsoever can help me out.

Also i was told at the istiqdam office to bring my attested educational degree for applying manually for the visa for my mother. They said i can even apply for a permanent one (the fees for which was SR 2000) but i need attested degree and a few other documents. I have sent my degree to be attested back to PAK and hope to get it back next month.

In your opinion what should i do? Re try online again or wait and apply manually through istiqdam? Any help regarding this matter would be HUGELY appreciated!!

Thanks for ur reply...

InshAllah we will be applying today application is already filled and signed by the sponsor. i am going for the online process once again for the last time. As i have mentioned that my mother's application has been rejected 4 times and the reason was clearly mention in it that i am expecting and i need her support. i guess it was the peak time.

one more question.

is istiqdam and MOI same?

@lalarukh, all the very best!

4 rejections are normal. I got my parents visa in 4th attempt. And that also because I kept reducing the number of visit days. I said 30, they rejected. I said 15, they approved.

If there are any problems in the application filling, they'll specify it with rejection.

Do understand that approval rate is too low. It's just 3-4% in overall.

ahh... its rejected again without any reason :(

they replied within half n hr after coming back from COC.

I am going for the MANUAL PROCESS TOMORROW. this will be my last and final attempt than i will look for the illegal means... i am HATING this country so much.

I went to the General services offices outside the MOFA yesterday night and the guy there said they have pretty much closed the online visa process until Hajj maybe .. so no point trying. Go the manual route thats what the guy there advised me, no point in wasting time, effort & money by applying online.

I share your frustration .. its been so many months now since i've been trying too.

they should post this on their website.

i have the manual application with me i went to istiqdam too. there is a separate room for mother's visit visa there, but the office timings were finish they asked me to come tomorrow.

but i wanted to ask, after submitting the application will they approve it there and thn or what will be the procedure to know that its accepted or rejected. when will we do coc for that application? is it before submitting there?

who actually approve visit visas?

i myself went for the coc of the online application and the person sitting there said application are approved here. im confuse :/

thelegendleads when did u last apply for ur parent's visa's? did u apply online?

Within half an hour of applying???? WOAHH!!!

This doesn't seem right. There is something you guys might not be doing correct. Your entrance visa number, the company's sijal tijari number or something. The form has to be filled in arabic. And the visiting person's name should be written in English. try to reduce the number of days. Its very odd to be getting a response withing half an hour of applying.

lalarukh wrote:

ahh... its rejected again without any reason :(

they replied within half n hr after coming back from COC.

I am going for the MANUAL PROCESS TOMORROW. this will be my last and final attempt than i will look for the illegal means... i am HATING this country so much.

In order to save time, tomorrow when you go there, take your passports, educational documents, marriage certificate(translated too of course) and medical report.

The guy who is going to check your documents will give you the green paper if he accepts to grant you the visa. Thats it. You need to take that green paper to MOFA then and they will issue the visa.

Good luck.

lalarukh wrote:

they should post this on their website.

i have the manual application with me i went to istiqdam too. there is a separate room for mother's visit visa there, but the office timings were finish they asked me to come tomorrow.

but i wanted to ask, after submitting the application will they approve it there and thn or what will be the procedure to know that its accepted or rejected. when will we do coc for that application? is it before submitting there?

who actually approve visit visas?

i myself went for the coc of the online application and the person sitting there said application are approved here. im confuse :/

thank u for ur prompt reply.

this seems easy... so this doesn't require COC?

lalarukh wrote:

I've heard different things about this but eventually MOFA will issue the visa but it will be approved by MOI (thats the difference from whatever i could fathom of this whole process ... Mr. Arbab could perhaps further shed some light on this).

Nope, no COC attestation is required for manual process.

Just fill in the form, get it signed/stamped and an introductory letter from your company. And hope that the guy sitting in MOI is in good mood when you show up. 

lalarukh wrote:

can u plz explain what is an introductory letter?

does it have to be in arabic or english?

The introductory letter is by your company stating that you are the employee working for the company, they are your sponsors and they have no objection on you applying for the visa. To be on the safe side also ask you company to mention your salary package in the letter. And it has to be in arabic.

lalarukh wrote:

can u plz explain what is an introductory letter?

does it have to be in arabic or english?

one more question.

does moi requires to submit the documents by the sponsor's mandoop or we can personally go there?

You'll be the sponsor so better you go there.

thanks everyone finally today i got the green paper from istiqdam. im sooo happy. do rem me in ur prayers. JazakAllah khair.

Great! where's the treat at? :P

lalarukh wrote:

thanks everyone finally today i got the green paper from istiqdam. im sooo happy. do rem me in ur prayers. JazakAllah khair.

Wow! Mabrouk @lalarukh.
Never lose hopes and carry on. Life's like that!

Hi again...

now that i have the green paper,
i simply have to take that paper to MOFA?
how will they issue the visa?
they will give it there n thn or do i have to wait for few more days?
how will i send that visa to my mother?

ur earliest response will be appreciated since i will be going there early in the morning.

i went to MOFA today for the submission of green paper. the guy at the counter was so RUDE and he wrote on my application to come after 1 week. i told him situation tht i might not have one week and i need help and support from my mother. rudely said to my hubby rnt there any hospitals in this country leave or i will call the police. :(

my hubby will take his PRO on sunday now.

i wanted to ask is it the normal procedure? do they take 1 week for the acceptance or this is just now due to hajj.