New in Murcia: what do children do during the summer holidays

Hi

we are slowly settling in Murcia, my pre-teen daughters and myself, and, although this lovely city slowly grows on me, I have all the difficulties in the world to entertain the girls during the summer holidays (we arrived at the end of the school year, so they will have to wait until September, before making school friends).

On his stiffling heat, I would have taken them swimming, but the one public pool I managed to identify opens on July 1, and the private/covered/gym pools only offer swimming classes, with no casual access for children.

The Terra Natura aqua park is a good one-off idea, but not really an every-day option... To my relief, we are planning a sea-side month of July, but August, the hottest month, is not sorted out yet.

So here are my questions:

what do children do in Murcia City over summmer, and what is there to do in Torres de la Horadada, besides going to the beach?

Many thanks for the replies
Doradina

Hi Doradina

you could try horse riding with the girls - I ride every day throughout the year (early in the morning or later in the day during the summer months because of the heat) - where I ride you can get a discount for booking a few lessons in advance - they will take the girls out in the countryside or teach them in the arena. Great fun! Try the riding school I use:
eqcentroecuestre.net/

Debs
nativespain.com
Author of: Going Native In Murcia
amazon.co.uk/Going-Native-Murcia-Marcus-Jenkins/dp/1908770007