English taxi?

Is there a taxi, whos drivers actually speak english? would be nice if you could give me an URL or a phone number for such a thing,

thx in advance

[Moderated: No free ad please]

Most taxi drivers speak some English. They are very good at saying No Change.

If you call Vinataxi you can ask for (1) An English speaking driver; (2) Male or female driver; (3) Scheduled pick-ups.

That's VINATAXI with yellow cabs not that crap outfit Vinasun - who rob passengers.

38111111 - www.vinataxis.com

Never use a cab without a tag on the rear window; never use a cab with a magnetic sign; ONLY use a cab where the meter is mounted on the dashboard.

Thx for the tips

Tried to access vinataxi website but apparently it doesnt work.....any1 can give me the phone number plz so i can order it?

Most taxi drivers speak some English. They are very good at saying No Change.

:lol:

I always use Mai Linh, it is a prestigious taxi company in HCMC. I think many drivers can speak English and when you call them, tell them your need. Mai Linh taxi phone: 38383838 (I am not Mai Linh staff but a regular client).

get Mailinh or Vinasun, they are good but dont speak English much, best way: learn couple direction vietnamese sentenses, u will be fine. Or get help from your local friends,...

AntonS wrote:

Thx for the tips
Tried to access vinataxi website but apparently it doesnt work.....any1 can give me the phone number plz so i can order it?

I gave you the number.

Cab accident rates in biggest three companies:

Worst: Vinasun
Second: Mai Linh
Best: Vinataxi

Sources: TP HCM Taxi Owners Association; VN Statistics from CGST.

You can't possibly expect a "taxi driver" to speak fluently english, if they do, good for you, if they don't, consider you're lucky enough not to experience taxi driver in China or Korean where they love their own languages above all (so as french and japanese ppl). But like Jaitch said, most of them speak 'some' english.

You can't possibly expect a "taxi driver" to speak fluently english, if they do, good for you, if they don't, consider you're lucky enough not to experience taxi driver in China or Korean where they love their own languages above all (so as french and japanese ppl). But like Jaitch said, most of them speak 'some' english.

You have said this how it is and put it in a plain and simple way!  Its true, you cant expect anyone you come across to speak fluent english, especially if English isnt their 1st language. :):top:

Queo phai, queo trai, di thang.. All you need to learn?

Write the name and address (street, ward, district) of your destination on a scrap piece of paper and hand it to the driver.  This also works most of the time at stores, when asking for directions, etc.

Even when speaking Vietnamese they will ignore you.

This driver from Vinasun and speak English fluently! Mr. Duy  but remember he 's one day work and 1 day off!