Can I bring my pet dog? If so, whats the procedure?

Hello everyone,

I'm considering a transfer to Saudi (Al Khobar) with my company and was hoping to have a few questions answered that could help with my decision.  If I do accept the offer, I'll be moving to Saudi sometime next month, I would think.

So, here we go...

Can I bring my dog with me?  He's a Pointer breed pup, 4.5 months old.  I know that Muslim countries are not dog friendly, but I would be living in a compound, most likely Euro Village or similar, and was hoping it won't be a problem.

And, if I could bring him, does anyone know the procedure?  Paperwork, quarantine period, breed restrictions?

Thanks a bunch for your help. :)

Hashashyin wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm considering a transfer to Saudi (Al Khobar) with my company and was hoping to have a few questions answered that could help with my decision.  If I do accept the offer, I'll be moving to Saudi sometime next month, I would think.

So, here we go...

Can I bring my dog with me?  He's a Pointer breed pup, 4.5 months old.  I know that Muslim countries are not dog friendly, but I would be living in a compound, most likely Euro Village or similar, and was hoping it won't be a problem.

And, if I could bring him, does anyone know the procedure?  Paperwork, quarantine period, breed restrictions?

Thanks a bunch for your help. :)

Hi there!  This subject has been covered lots of times, and in depth.  You can do this to search out threads on this forum).

Best of luck!

Can I also point out that if you haven't already accepted this, the chances of you getting here next month is problably slim to none.

Alliecat, thank you.

Loopy, you'd be surprised how quick things get done when Saudi Aramco requests something, and my company agrees to it.  They were talking about bringing me in on a Visitor visa (apparently I could work for short period on it), while they process my Work visa (which they said could take up to 2 months).  Again, not saying next month will happen...it seems possible from Mgmts info/confidence.

it is easy to bring your dog to saudi arabia
i also have 9 cats some of them for adoption if you like