Xiamen Expat Get-together

Is there any gathering for expats in Xiamen where we can go out for some out-door activities?

Howdy--

There aren't any huge "hang out" spots that I know of unless you're a student at Xiamen University. However, the Red Armadillo has a good buffet special on Saturday nights which usually attract a few expats. Also, XICF (the local expat church) will host about 100 or so foreigners every Sunday and the hold services in English.

Xiamen is unique in that most working foreigners are looking to integrate into a Chinese lifestyle, so flocks of expats hanging out together all the time is not too common. Everyone usually has their day of the week or month with some of their western friends, but beyond that its work and life in China.

Hope this helps / doesn't discourage you. There are a lot of great people to meet here -- Chinese and foreign alike. Best advice is to not be afraid to put yourself out there and make a friend. Without one it can get very lonely far away from home.

I'm working in Xiamen right now on short-term business. Feel free to ask me any questions: [email protected]

Hi Cdhou,

Thanks a lot for the information.  I'll definitely try out the Red Armadillo.

Sadly to say, after being here for two years plus now, the only 'friends' I have are my Chinese colleagues and the expats in my company.  I am quite get used to being alone during the weekends.  But I'd like to change that to add some spice in life :)

Thanks again for the advice.

i know haiwan park has a lot of expats  there on weekends.  great place for few drinks after work and weekends

Come and join AXE, it is a family club!! If you are a Western living with your family in Xiamen don't feel shy and be part of our monthly lunch and Holyday events. Here is also a weekly play group where mother and baby enjoy the time with another english speakers.
Contact us by [email protected]
We are waiting for you!

Stop in at the Londoner, a famous expat hangout.  It's near the Marco Polo Hotel.

==>Lancer---
LancerKind.com  <-- Science Fictionist

Hello,
Why wouldn't you start organizing monthly Expat-Blog Meet Ups as is already organized by other Expat.com forums? Check out for example :
Expat.com May Meet up.
I'm sure there are nice activities which can be proposed in your area!
Arlette

hello

will be in exiamen by end of oct for some business i would like to find someone who speaks english  and chinese and who knows  the city reasonably well. I am anxious please help!!:rolleyes:.

Hello,

Xiamen is a relatively "small" city, and although it's a pleasant place to live, perhaps doesn't have the same expat infrastructure as some of the larger cities, such as Shanghai, Guangzhou, etc.

Anyway, I operate a trading company from Xiamen, and have lived here for a year.  I'm not exactly due how long you will be in Xiamen, or what kind of business you will be doing, but if you need any help, suggestions, or pointers, feel free to let me know.  My email is [email protected].