Visa help please ;)

Hi
I'm moving to Bahrain soon with my 3 children to teach in a school however... My ex hubby wants to come with us for a few months to ensure our children settle in etc. he may decide to look for work and stay indefinitely. Despite researching visa requirements I'm still confused! Can he enter on a 2 week tourist visa then extend it for upto 3 months? Or is there an alternative way to get to stay for a few months? Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

Hi Nicola,

What is your husband nationality ?
That will make the difference !
Most of the Shengen passports can get a visa on arrival for 15 days.
They are renewable up to 3 months but as they are "tourist visa", he is not supposed to seek for a job in the meantime.
The conditions to renew have changed recently and you have now to write a letter explaining why you want to stay, even for a little baby ^^   

Like in all countries, sometimes administration can be a little... "mazish" :p

You can find some intel on visas HERE

Cheers

Olivier

Hi Oliver
My ex hubby has a British passport but was born in Morocco ( I don't suppose that matters though). From what I understand of the visa requirement he needs to enter Bahrain with a return ticket, is that right? I'm just concerned that by extending his stay the ticket will no longer be valid and he'll have to buy another when he eventually leaves. Thanks for your help ;)

Hi Nicola,

As far as I know, your understanding is correct.
Which makes sense because you cannot be a tourist and not flying back... unless you have something in mind... but if so you are not a tourist anymore ^^
Some tickets can be modified and are valid for a year. Maybe that's the solution ?

Cheers

Olivier

If your are coming to Bahrain As teacher ( its mean A school is sponsoring your visa ) And you are a Primary worker,then your husband,children etc . Your salary should be More than 250BD,else you cannot apply for Dependent Visa for your husband (not-ex )
Ex-husband <<< :( He cannot be your dependent, Emigration will ask from you A Marriage Certificate(dependent's visa can Husband/Wife/children)

LMRA RULE NO:7
If applying for the children to join their mother, who is the primary worker (Female foreign employee) and the children's father is not in Bahrain, she needs a special approval from the General Directorate of Nationality, Passports and Residence- GDNPR, and an approval letter from the children's father attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of their country and Bahrain's embassy.
----
LMRA HELP GUIDE FOR VISA <<< click here :mad:
Good news : just tell your ex-hub buy return ticket and come to
Bahrain ( there is only 1% chance they will refuse him to grant a Tourist visa )and just 20Dinars for 72 hour visa & then 20 BD for extension of visa ( don't forget to add 5 BD agent charges )

Nicola302004 wrote:

Hi
I'm moving to Bahrain soon with my 3 children to teach in a school however... My ex hubby wants to come with us for a few months to ensure our children settle in etc. he may decide to look for work and stay indefinitely. Despite researching visa requirements I'm still confused! Can he enter on a 2 week tourist visa then extend it for upto 3 months? Or is there an alternative way to get to stay for a few months? Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

Khush-Singh wrote:

Bahrain ( there is only 1% chance they will refuse him to grant a Tourist visa )and just 20Dinars for 72 hour visa & then 20 BD for extension of visa ( don't forget to add 5 BD agent charges )

Actually it's not that expansive. Visas for Western Europeans can be obtained on arrival for less than 10BHD.

Hi again,

I think entering at the airport as a tourist is his only option, thanks for your help. Thanks also for the info regarding entering as a single mum. I have a letter of consent from the children's father but am having great difficulty getting my embassy to legalise it... The joys of beuocracy! It's a good job I'm patient and calm...or maybe not!
Thanks again
Nicola

:| they charged me 20 BD +5 agent  ..
its mean 10BD govt fee.   
And 15BD goes to agent's pocket :mad:
-------

Olivier-France wrote:
Khush-Singh wrote:

Actually it's not that expansive. Visas for Western Europeans can be obtained on arrival for less than 10BHD.

Hi Khush-Singh,

If you read my post, I mentionned "Visas for Western Europeans can be obtained on arrival for less than 10BHD."

Maybe you are not coming from such country and the visa process is different ^^

Cheers

Oliver

:rolleyes:  yes u r right

If your husband has a British passport (it doesn't matter where he was born - what matters is the passport he holds), you can get a visa for 5BD if you apply online. It's pretty straightforward to apply for a visa online and you will get a 3 months entry. Whether you will need to prove a return flight ticket or not, that's what I don't know.

Hi brightonguy
I've looked at getting the visa online but it came up with only 5 days entry... Not sure why.
Thanks

Are you sure you selected the correct reason of coming here? You should select Tourist, and then Other and then write Visit, it will give you Visit (3 months) option. Or at least it did for one of my British friends' trying.

Thanks, I'll have another go. Fingers crossed ;)

I am Amandip singh heavy duty truck driver(bahrain) seeking good job? Now still working in Bahrain agility logistics b s c closed company. I have 7years experience all GCC cross border country .

Dear Jagbeer,

You are the most welcome on the forum and it is nice to have you here. Nevertheless, could you please stop spammming in all threads to throw your phone number at everyone face and furthermore, could you please stop giving wrong informations.
Telling someone that might actually believe you that "hi u can com .. if u olredy in bahrain u can expand ur vissa whatever u want" is definitely irresponsible.
I'm sure you noticed that most of the member don't reply when they don't know, or they mention when what they write isn't absolutely sure.
People might make decision in the real life about what they read here.
If as I guess you are looking for friends, why not posting a nice message about yourself, what you like, your hobbies etc... Maybe you will make some good contacts here.

Cheers

Olivier

thanks sir
            ur reply!!!!!! but hear in bahrain if someone have visa can come to bahrain rite!!!!!! ther is no problem! its ok thanks ur advice!!!!! sir i am also looking job in European country, im working as a italian chef, u have any contact ther???

Hello jagbeer -> I suggest you to start a new thread on the Manama forum with your questions on work. This will allow more interaction. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie