Living in Bristol, England

Hi, I am a Canadian who has lived in Bristol, England for two years now and I just want to say that I really love it. Bristol is a beautiful city with an extrodinary history and some of the best weather in England (though of course it is relative, we are in cloudy England after all:) I recommend thsi city to anyone considering moving here.

Fish Feet
http://fishfeet2007.blogspot.com

What do you like to most in Bristol?

How are people there?

Is it difficult to find a job and an accomodation there?

Bristol is a small city (greater area includes 300,000). It has a lot of history, charm and millions of nooks and crannies to explore. If you are interesting in finding out more about these aspects I recommend a book called The Naked Guide to Bristol which is fantastic.

It also seems to have some of the best weather in England, many festivals throughout the summer and a bustling waterfront. A decade ago Bristol was a different city and it seems to have undergone revitalization, Unfortunately, this also means a high cost of living.

In regards to finding work, I guess that depends on what you do but it is certainly a growing, devloping city.

Hope this helps, Sarda
http://fishfeet2007.blogspot.com

What you are saying is really interesting ! I'm a French assistant since October, and I plan on moving to Bristol to find a summer job there. Do you know if there are lots of them available. My big problem is I don't have any previous experience in the business of catering, tourism... So I don't really know if I could find a job for one or two months (as a bar person for example)

Hiya!
I've been in Bristol since last August so nearly a year now. I absolutely love it! It's a vibrant city, very pretty with lots going on.
For the weather, I can't really tell, I used to live in Kent and it was quite sunny and hot (for England obviously), maybe less rainy than Bristol I'd say, not sure tho! :P
Beside, it's near Wales (Cardiff is a must-do), Somerset/Devon/Cornwall countryside and seaside (a surfer's paradise), and Wiltshire (many sites and lovely villages).
Well, I'm just a fan of British countryside and life!

I'm loving these threads! I'm so glad I found this community. I'm so very excited about moving to Bristol and I can't wait to start my life there. :)