Working visa in Malta

Hi I am a filipino and I applied a job in Malta. I just wanna know of hoe long will it take to process a visa in Malta. I've been waiting for my visa for over 3 months now and the owner of the agency said that the papers were already forwarded in Malta but, they haven't gotten any reply yet from the immmigration in Malta. Does it take time to process a working permit in Malta. Please let me know. Thanks...

Hi avijo,

welcome to the forum.

Your future employer in Malta has to apply for a work permit for you as a TCN (third country national). This process can take three months or longer.

With a work permit you will be given residency for one year at a time.

Cheers
Ricky

hello there, ive got an interest in going to malta, what kind of visa should apply with,i'm planning to stay there and find job where possible,, should i apply for a tourist visa first? where and how much it cost me? i'm a philippine paspport holder living in canada,, or is it possible to apply for an immigrant visa? any reply will greatly appreciated thanks....

Hi Kasmi,

welcome to the forum.

There is no immigrant visa.

You can either apply for a tourist visa at the Maltese embassy in Canada but don't tell them you intend to work in Malta and want to stay. If you succeeed in getting a work permit within 3 months you can apply for residency and stay longer but it could prove difficult.

Or you can find a job before you come and your future employer will do the work permit and visa application for you.

Your chances in both cases depend on your job qualifications.

Cheers
Ricky

thanks a lot ricky, is there any chance you know any job sites
in malta that i can apply for?

Hi kasmi,

there is a 'sticky' thread on this forum. You will find all the information you need there and in the general job section. Take your time and browse through the work, formalities and other sections of the forum.

Feel free to ask questions that have not been addressed and discussed.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky, sorry but new to this site, how can I get into the 'sticky thread' thanks in advance.