So confused... about issuance of workvisa and police clearance

So I am reading and hearing two different things.

I am reading from the Kuwaiti Embassy website that the police clearance have to be done after the issuance of a work permit but when I call the embassy they tell me that police clearances can be done up to 3months prior to the issuance of the work permit....What do I go with. I do not want to waste time and submit my paper work just to get it denied.

Anyone have any recent experiences with this....Please help.
I'm almost ready to go this is my last hurdle.

Yeah, I've also gotten conflicting answers on this. I already paid for one police clearance before seeing the info on the website. I'm going to play it safe and wait for my NOC to get another. Although, I feel like that will be cutting it too close to departure time! :/

The school I will be working at informed me when the NOC was done in Kuwait and then I scheduled my police clearance.  It took less than a week to get my clearance.

True but then you have to get authenticated by your state and then by DC which add months to the process

You are right, I guess I didn't think about it because I am just going to drive to DC to make it quicker.

Yeah I live in the Los Angeles area.....

Has anyone actually received there work visa with a police clearance issued BEFORE the work permit date, but not older than 3 months old?

Iv just got my police clearance done, I'm living in Qatar and they want it from your pervious employment. My work visa is in the final process now so should be done in the next couple of weeks.

I know it'll be difference than US but thought I would share as I'm getting excited now :)

Ally :)

Well from my side i applied for my police clearance and then my Company aplied for my NOC(it takes about 6 weeks for the NOC).
And all the documents that you need te submit must be authenticated.

M

There's a Kuwait embassy in Los Angeles.

Just a quick addition.  I went to the Kuwait Embassy in DC today and it did not prove fruitful.  My medical was not sufficient because the doctor only wrote the results and the clearance on one form (oh and it doesn't show that malaria was cleared) and they actually require the actual results report.  By the time I drove the three and a half hours home, I found out my doctor was able to fax the forms and did so (but I only left my police clearance form because I wasn't sure the doctor would actually do it). So I am hoping that I can overnight all the documents down to DC and it can get matched up with my police clearance and I can get my visa (I only have 5 weeks till my flight and I am getting worried).  Also, my directions for getting my transcript and diploma authenticated did not include getting some certificate from the national student clearinghouse, so I didn't have that form in order to submit my educational documents for authentication.  It's been a long day and I am hoping for the best.  I wrote 2 e-mails to the embassy explaining I would overnight the documents and thanking them profusely and apologizing for my misunderstanding.  I hope that helps.

What do you mean???
The dr needs to write on the medical clearance the test were negative as well? Just submitting the test results are not sufficient?

The test results are fine, in addition to the actual medical clearance.  However, my doctor wrote out a medical clearance and submitted (on that same form) that I tested clear for all the diseases (except saying explicitly malaria) but did not give me that actual test results.  They needed those actual results for their files.  Sorry for my confusing "rant" I am just disappointed that I did not have everything correct the first time.

This is exactly what my doctor gave me: On a prescription form with all of her legal medical information she wrote:  Patient is medically cleared and free of TB, Hepatitis B & C, HIV, plasmodium and filariasis and syphilis. 

(As a note, the plasmodium is basically malaria, but the doctor  was supposed to actually write the word malaria.)

Ok because I have a letter saying I am cleared for travel and free of contagious diseases but he doesn't list the specific diseases I was tested for. I also will attach the actual blood test... Hopefully it works...

I wish the embassy stated exactly what they wanted. This process has been so frustrating for me.

Let me know if anything else comes up?!!?!?!

My doctor gave me a long checklist that she uses for physicals and the results of my blood tests. She didn't write a letter. I hope my checklist will suffice. I feel like I'm running out of time, as I still haven't received my NOC. :(

What's a NOC?

The NOC is a No Objection Certificate, or work permit, that has to come from Kuwait. You have to have it before you can get your police clearance.