Myanmar still a dangerous place to live with 2 young french children ?

Hi all !
I am proposed a nice job in Myanmar but all I hear from this country is quite negative in term of condition of life. I would like to have an objective view of people living there with children (mine are 3 and 5), for a long period of time in order to not make a bad decision. What kind of infrastructure can we find ? What about the political atmosphere and stability of the country ?
Many thanks for your help !!
Audrey

Most people say that Burma is generally very safe from violent crime in the main cities, although as the tourism industry builds, there have been some incidence of scams targeting foreigners, including a few (but not all) money changers, etc. Just keep your wits about you, and as a foreigner, I would be careful to keep my documents in a safe place.   

During my week in Myanmar I saw several local people, men and women, carrying wads of cash in their longyi's or in bags, even around the train station, so they didn't seem to have fears of theft (although you should always be careful about pick-pockets, no matter what country).  I would be careful to avoid political discussions in public not so much for your own safety, but that it could unwittingly get the local people you spoke to in trouble.  Outside of the big cities, precautions against mosquitos at night should be taken because I have heard there are some malarial areas.
In Bagan and other tourist destinations the guesthouses tend to work with other businesses and try to direct you to their partners even when that isn't serving your interests of time, money, or independence (not a crime, but something of which to be aware anyway).   

I'm not sure if it would be helpful to you, but Guy Delisle wrote a comic book (graphic novel) about his experience spending a year in Myanmar -his wife was with Doctors Without Borders, and he was raising his toddler son. It is published by Drawn and Quarterly books. It had some interesting cultural info.

Thanks for your fast and usefull answer !

I would appreciate if a local expatŽcould give me a feedback too on the daily life in Yangon. I suppose that a one week trip is quite a different experience than living there for few years...

Nowadays, I meet many pedestrians on the streets who are English literate and can help me with directions. I am sure half the population in Yangon know English, with a certain extent in fluency and vocabulary.